Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Taiwan Floriculture Exports Association joins HortEx VietnamThe organizers of HortEx Vietnam, the first International Exhibition and Conference for Horticultural and Floricultural Production and Processing Technology in Vietnam, which is being held from 14-16 March 2018 in Ho Chi Minh City, are pleased to announce the presence of a national pavilion from Taiwan organised by the Taiwan Floriculture Exports Association (TFEA).
The presence of the Taiwan Floriculture Exports Association underlines the potential of the Vietnamese market for floricultural exporters. During HortEx Vietnam 2018 the Association will host a large number of their members in a collective pavilion.
The Taiwan Floriculture Exports Association is a very active Association with over 50 members. One of the main aims of the Association is to market the Taiwan Flower Industry abroad and therefore the Association attends a number of exhibitions in key markets worldwide.
Additionally the Association is coordinating with International economic policies in order to improve the export business as well as other common interests within the Floriculture Industry. It is estimated that Vietnam consumes approximately 5 billion stems a year.
Flowers play an important role in the Vietnamese (Buddhist) culture. Lunar New Year in February (TET; same date as the Chinese New year), international women’s day (March 8) and various other (religious) celebrations are the basis of domestic flower consumption.
The total area of flower production in Vietnam is some 27 thousand hectares; this is equivalent to that of Spain, which is the 5th largest flower producer in the EU.
Apart from being a large Flower Producer itself the Vietnamese market is also offering great potential to exporters of Flowers and Plants as consumers demand higher quality and wider assortment because of an increasing middle class and higher income per capita.
Currently the exhibition is host to exhibitors from 15 countries including Belgium, China, Ecuador, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Kenya, Malaysia, Netherlands, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, U.S.A. and Vietnam.
In total the organizers expect over 100 companies to participate in the exhibition. The exhibition is supported by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Vietnam, Lam Dong Tourism, Trade and Investment Promotion Center (TIPC), Vietnam Fruit & Vegetable Association (VinaFruit) and the Dalat Flower Association.
Horticulture and Floriculture are one of the most promising sectors of the Vietnamese economy and HortEx Vietnam aims to serve all segments of this fast growing and promising industry with a targeted trade show.
Companies who are potentially interested are advised to contact the organisers shortly as available space is limited.
For more information:
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.