- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Taiwan Floriculture Exports Association joins HortEx Vietnam
The presence of the Taiwan Floriculture Exports Association underlines the potential of the Vietnamese market for floricultural exporters. During HortEx Vietnam 2018 the Association will host a large number of their members in a collective pavilion.
The Taiwan Floriculture Exports Association is a very active Association with over 50 members. One of the main aims of the Association is to market the Taiwan Flower Industry abroad and therefore the Association attends a number of exhibitions in key markets worldwide.
Additionally the Association is coordinating with International economic policies in order to improve the export business as well as other common interests within the Floriculture Industry. It is estimated that Vietnam consumes approximately 5 billion stems a year.
Flowers play an important role in the Vietnamese (Buddhist) culture. Lunar New Year in February (TET; same date as the Chinese New year), international women’s day (March 8) and various other (religious) celebrations are the basis of domestic flower consumption.
The total area of flower production in Vietnam is some 27 thousand hectares; this is equivalent to that of Spain, which is the 5th largest flower producer in the EU.
Apart from being a large Flower Producer itself the Vietnamese market is also offering great potential to exporters of Flowers and Plants as consumers demand higher quality and wider assortment because of an increasing middle class and higher income per capita.
Currently the exhibition is host to exhibitors from 15 countries including Belgium, China, Ecuador, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Kenya, Malaysia, Netherlands, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, U.S.A. and Vietnam.
In total the organizers expect over 100 companies to participate in the exhibition. The exhibition is supported by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Vietnam, Lam Dong Tourism, Trade and Investment Promotion Center (TIPC), Vietnam Fruit & Vegetable Association (VinaFruit) and the Dalat Flower Association.
Horticulture and Floriculture are one of the most promising sectors of the Vietnamese economy and HortEx Vietnam aims to serve all segments of this fast growing and promising industry with a targeted trade show.
Companies who are potentially interested are advised to contact the organisers shortly as available space is limited.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 US: Florists in all 50 states plan to Petal It Forward on Oct. 24
- 10/22/2018 Photo report: Floral exhibitors at PMA Fresh Summit 2018
- 10/22/2018 Carlos Oramas named PMA’s 2018 Floral Marketer of the Year
- 10/22/2018 China: Flower business blooms on Elder's Day
- 10/22/2018 Nutrient management study tour in Belgium
- 10/19/2018 Photos: Wholesale Florists & Florist Supplier Association (WF&FSA)
- 10/19/2018 Organisers of HortEx Vietnam concluded 3 kick off meetings for coming 2019 edition
- 10/19/2018 US (FL): Flowers shine at PMA's new Floral Marketplace
- 10/18/2018 UK: Roses for a Royal Wedding
- 10/18/2018 NL: Students get to know horticulture on mopeds
- 10/17/2018 US (IL): Heimos hosts 11th Annual Poinsettia Trial and Open House
- 10/17/2018 France: Dates announced for Salon du Végétal 2019
- 10/17/2018 A royal afternoon for HortiDaily and FloralDaily
- 10/16/2018 Australia: Pest Management, Plant Health & Market Access BioSecure HACCP Information Forums
- 10/16/2018 UK: Alternative growing media for the production of ornamental crops
- 10/16/2018 National broadcasters eagerly promote horticultural potential Zimbabwe
- 10/15/2018 "AHC 2020 & Horti ASIA 2020 bridge science and commerce"
- 10/15/2018 Australia: Tree Stock to feature at ‘Three Days of Trees’ in Melbourne
- 10/15/2018 See how poinsettia varieties perform in real world greenhouse conditions
- 10/15/2018 HortiFlor Zimbabwe in photos