- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- CAN (ON): MJ grower buys garden centre in $6.7M deal
- US (NY): New Plant Sciences majors battle invasive plants
- "Somalia: “To me flowers bring in a new light, a solution to the problems faced"
- Kenya: "Measures in place to deal with chemical poisoning cases"
- Bomenbank launches Lifechar – the next generation of Amsterdam tree soil
Top 5 -last week
The first few weeks of 2017
Colombia: Plants exempted from VAT
Just three months on the road and the Association of Colombian Nurseries and Ornamental Growers, Colviveros, achieved a substantial breakthrough which may stimulate the consumption of ornamental plants and generate more and better employment for nearly 5,000 nursery and small ornamental producers throughout Colombia. Since January 1, 2017, these growers are benefiting from the elimination of the value-added tax (VAT) to potted plants approved in the recent Colombian tax reform.
US (PA): Major fire at Dan Schantz Farm and Greenhouses
On January 3, a fire broke out at Dan Schantz Farm and Greenhouses. "What started out as a few flames around 8 pm turned into a huge devastating fire within minutes", Cindy Thomas of Dan Schantz Farm told the WFMZ. It happened at night and all employees were safe. After investigation, the cause of the fire was probably an electrical short in the ceiling of the new head house; their main shipping area including the loading docks and our bulb coolers."
Canada: CosMic Plants expands orchid production
In January 2017, Canadian orchid grower CosMic Plants announced that they are expanding their orchid production. In June 2016 owners and brothers Mike and Neil Van Steekelenburg acquired an existing, modern 240,000 square feet greenhouse in their hometown Beamsville. Now, about half of the greenhouse is filled up with Phalaenopsis orchids and the other half is already prepared for orchid production, but will initially be rented out.
Esmeralda Farms looks back at challenging 2016
"I will always remember 2016 as the year of loss", says Clarisse Ullrich, president of Esmeralda Farms. In June, she lost her husband and founder of the company Peter Ullrich. In August, their farm in Ethiopia was burned down by rebels and they consequently had to close their sales department in the Netherlands. In an article, we, together with Clarisse Ullrich looked back at this challenging year. Click here to read the complete article.
Benary announces joint venture in China
Ernst Benary Samenzucht GmbH are partnering with Jintian Seedling Company and ICAN Seed to create a new company focused on providing young plants to the rapidly growing Chinese bedding plant market. This new joint venture, called Jinpin Flower Seedling Company (Jinpin means “golden quality” in Chinese), is located in Pixan, which is part of Chengdu city in the Sichuan province.
Interplant Roses opens new facility in the Netherlands
Dutch rose breeding brothers, Robert and Martijn Ilsink of Interplant Roses, are expanding their activities with the opening of a brand new facility in Harmelen, centrally located in the Netherlands only a short distance from the main flower centre of Aalsmeer.
US (MD): Vivid atmosphere at MANTS 2017
The Mid-Atlantic Nursery Trade Show (MANTS) was held from January 6-8 2017 at the Baltimore Convention Centre in Baltimore, MD. MANTS is one of the largest exhibitions in the USA, with nurseries and exhibitors from all over the USA. To give us an impression of the show, Mike Howden of Macore and Nico Rijnbeek of Rijnbeek and Son, who were also exhibiting at the show, were so kind to send us some pictures at the last day of the show. Click here for the photos.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 12/22/2017 December 2017: Christmas preparations and fires in California
- 12/21/2017 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 12/20/2017 Photo reports: Proflora, Ontario Greenhouse Conference, IFEX, PMA and WF&WFSA
- 12/19/2017 September 2017: Hurricane Irma disrupts flower industry in US, South America
- 12/18/2017 Kenya's post-election, minimum wage hike Canada, Costa Rican Mother's Day, Chinese Valentine's Day and more
- 12/15/2017 July 2017: Tendence Outdoor Living, Cultivate'17, Hishtil's 10th anniversary in South Africa and more
- 12/14/2017 IFTEX, FlowerTrials, Salon du Végétal, Hortitec and more
- 12/13/2017 Industry in the ban of GM petunia ban and Mother's Day sales results
- 12/12/2017 Iran Green Trade Fair, Hortiflorexpo, orange petunia and more
- 12/11/2017 CAST, new joint venture Benary+, Easter, AstanaFloraExpo and more
- 12/08/2017 Exhibitions, exhibitions and more exhibitions
- 12/07/2017 The first weeks of March 2017: Holiday preparations in full swing
- 12/06/2017 February 2017: Horticontact, MyPlant & Garden and of course... Valentine's Day
- 12/05/2017 Fierce mother nature, company changes and exhibitions
- 12/04/2017 The first few weeks of 2017
- 12/01/2017 Special Year Overview
- 12/23/2016 Christmas sales in full swing
- 12/22/2016 Unrest Royal Van Zanten Uganda, IFTF, FHTF, election Trump and more...
- 12/21/2016 Unrest Ethiopia, cold nights Ecuador, 10th anniversary Fleurizon, expansion Ball Australia and more
- 12/20/2016 Esmeralda farms Ethiopia closes down, new Red Naomi grower in Spain, Exhibitions and more