Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Foliage Wax, marketed by Aviv Harmonie:
"Color changing creates new purpose of wax flower"Last winter, Aviv Flowers put the Foliage Wax flowers on the market. At that time, they were grown by Israeli growers in small quantities, but over the last year, the production acreage increased and the flowers are currently being grown all over Israel. The first flowers of the season are just harvested and the demand for Christmas seems to be high. "The red variety gets tremendous interest as the Christmas 2017 novelty", says Shay Lehrmann, Project Managers at Aviv Flowers.
The Wax Foliage, (bred by Nir Nurseries and exclusively marketed by Aviv Harmonie.)
The Foliage Wax is a series of varieties that are characterized by the color and change of color of the branch itself. "These are strong and vivid and the uppermost section of the branch, foliage and buds included changes color to orange, purple, or greenish-yellow. This color changing begins at differentiation period (autumn) and lasts until flowers appear 3-4 months later." According to Lehrmann, this feature had created a new purpose of the wax flower. "These varieties are marketed as decorative foliage and not as flowers." The varieties that are currently on the market are "Vega"- the variety that turns red, "Orion"- that turns green/yellow and "Nova"- that turns orange.
The Foliage Wax flowers are grown by several Israeli growers spread all over Israel. "From the northern tip of the Golan heights to the depths of the southern desert, the flowers are grown on a total acreage of 4ha." And the demand is rising. "It is a unique flower, distinguishing itself into a new category between decorative foliage and green. It creates new opportunities in a bouquet arrangement and for Christmas too. The red Vega, for example, already gets tremendous interest as the Christmas 2017 novelty."
For more information:
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.