Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (953)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Flower industry show interest in packaging concept
Kenya: Cargolite Open Day in picturesOn November 30, 60 people attended the Cargolite Open Day, that was held at the Oserian “go down” at NBO airport in Nairobi. Cargolite's preferred supplier and local agent Dodhia Packaging Kenya Ltd. opened the warehouse and Oserian gave a demonstration on the way to work with the Cargolite packaging concept.
Dodhia Packaging Kenya Ltd. participated in the open day as they have been chosen as the preferred supplier and local agent of the Cargolite components. DPKL opened the Cargolite warehouse, stocked with Cargolite components for the packaging concept. Farms can arrange with DPKL to pick up packaging material after offloading their flowers at the JKIA Cargo village.
At the event, Guy Symondson introduced the Israeli Ambassador to Kenya, Noah Gal Gendler and the Kenyan Flower Council Chairman, Richard Fox as the two main speakers.
Guy Symondson speaking.
Then, John Kowarsky spoke, the CEO of Cargolite, Amnon Zamir, the Cargolite R&D Manager and Chris Lindley from Oserian gave a presentation and spoke about the advantages of Cargolite.
After lunch, the main attraction was organized by Oserian, who brought a team of packers headed by their Pack House Manager Martin Kebaka assisted by Philip, and gave a very thorough and detailed demonstration on the way to work with the Cargolite packaging concept.
Martin Kebaka giving the demonstration.
Before the day ended, a considerable amount of time was given to "Questions & Answers".
Richard Fox, John Kowarsky and Gal Gendler.
For more information
Other news in this sector:
The best concept in flower Industry. Try now!
Philip Ondigo, Nairobi, Kenya (email) - 12/22/2017 5:21:01 PM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.