Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (776)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Flower industry show interest in packaging concept
Kenya: Cargolite Open Day in picturesOn November 30, 60 people attended the Cargolite Open Day, that was held at the Oserian “go down” at NBO airport in Nairobi. Cargolite's preferred supplier and local agent Dodhia Packaging Kenya Ltd. opened the warehouse and Oserian gave a demonstration on the way to work with the Cargolite packaging concept.
Dodhia Packaging Kenya Ltd. participated in the open day as they have been chosen as the preferred supplier and local agent of the Cargolite components. DPKL opened the Cargolite warehouse, stocked with Cargolite components for the packaging concept. Farms can arrange with DPKL to pick up packaging material after offloading their flowers at the JKIA Cargo village.
At the event, Guy Symondson introduced the Israeli Ambassador to Kenya, Noah Gal Gendler and the Kenyan Flower Council Chairman, Richard Fox as the two main speakers.
Guy Symondson speaking.
Then, John Kowarsky spoke, the CEO of Cargolite, Amnon Zamir, the Cargolite R&D Manager and Chris Lindley from Oserian gave a presentation and spoke about the advantages of Cargolite.
After lunch, the main attraction was organized by Oserian, who brought a team of packers headed by their Pack House Manager Martin Kebaka assisted by Philip, and gave a very thorough and detailed demonstration on the way to work with the Cargolite packaging concept.
Martin Kebaka giving the demonstration.
Before the day ended, a considerable amount of time was given to "Questions & Answers".
Richard Fox, John Kowarsky and Gal Gendler.
For more information
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.