Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (776)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: Daphne Perfume Princess is ready for retail shelvesOne of the most successful plants to emerge from the Anthony Tesselaar stable has been Daphne Perfume Princess. Its full sun exposure, larger flower size and quick growing features have combined to produce a strong retailer / consumer demand for this plant.
From now onwards, this popular plant will be readily available in greater numbers to the retail market. This award winning plant has previously only been available in limited numbers.
Rich flowering & winter hardy
This is a cross between two different types of daphne, d. Odora which is rather finicky but grown for its rich perfume plus the tricky one to grow d. bholua known for its rich flowering and winter hardiness. (Jacqueline Postill is a cultivar of d. bholua).
Perfume Princess has a rich scented perfume of Odora but with the beautiful citrus undertones of d. bholua and longer flowering season with larger blooms.
Plant of the Year
It is capable of growing in full sun (both in Tesselaar’s trial gardens up to 40 deg C (full sun) and also outside in places like the hot and humid state of Alabama in the USA). Daphne Perfume Princess is both quick to grow (in almost most soils) and flower and more tolerant of most Daphne growing conditions.
This plant has already proved its merits as a consumer favourite and it won the Plant of the Year Award in Australia.
You can discuss Daphne Perfume Princess with the team on the Tesselaar stand at IPM Essen on stand E39 Hall 2.
For more information:
Anthony Tesselaar International Pty Ltd
327 Monbulk Road,
SILVAN, Victoria 3795, Australia
T: +61 3 9737 9568
F: +61 3 9737 9899
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.