Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (828)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indo-German bilateral workshop on testing of rose varietiesAn Indo-German bilateral workshop on 'Principles of DUS Testing of Rose Varieties and Vegetables according to UPOV System' was organised at IIHR on Dec 14-15th in association with PPV&FRA, New Delhi.
Ms Friedhilde Trautewein, expert on rose and vegetable DUS testing from BSA, Germany deliberated on DUS testing procedures and Plant Breeders' rights in Germany. Dipal Roy Chowdhury, Joint Registrar, PPV&FRA deliberated on PPV&FR Act of India. Representatives of South Indian Floriculture Association as well as commercial rose growers and exporters participated in the workshop and discussed about the issues related to 'Plant variety protection' in rose.
Scientists and research staff of Directorate of Floriculture-Pune, AICRP-NARP-Pune, UHS-Bagalkot participated in the workshop besides the crop breeders and DUS workers from IIHR. DUS guidelines in rose and vegetables were discussed in detail and visits were organised to fields where DUS testing was in progress.
Source: Indian Institute of Horticultural Research
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.