Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (974)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (31)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (6)
- "Building an orchid brand in a new market" (1)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UAE: Floral marketplace Floranow closes first funding roundFloranow, the region’s online B2B floral marketplace, successfully raised its first round of financing from Jabbar Internet Group, Dash Ventures, and Wamda Capital.
Fulfilling the floral industry’s need for new business models and efficiencies in the supply chain, Floranow was launched in 2016, connecting international growers to flower retailers, event planners, and hotels across the UAE. Flowers are cut to order, delivered in an uninterrupted cool-chain, and delivered in water to every doorstep, which increases the vase life in the market at competitive prices.
Floranow has created a direct link between the farmers and the retailers, thereby providing more varieties from farmers across the world.
Floranow’s platform features thousands of floral varieties from select growers in the Netherlands, Kenya, and Thailand. Customers can make their selection online and see an all-in price which includes shipping, handling, custom duties, and last mile delivery. The products chosen arrive at the shown price – and customers receive their order through careful packaging, optimum temperature control and transportation in water.
“Our ultimate goal is to be unavoidable. The flower trade market in the GCC is USD 300 million and growing. Whether you are a grower who wants a piece of the pie or a retailer who wants to get the widest assortment, superior quality and best prices, Floranow is where you’ll want to be,” said Charif Mzayek, founder of Floranow in a press release.
Floranow’s plans include expanding to Kuwait then the rest of the GCC and Jordan. In addition, more growers are joining the platform in 2018 from Italy, Columbia, and Sri Lanka.
For more information:
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.