- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
February 19-21, Hobart
Australia: Conference to provide important view of the future
The conference will provide the industry with an opportunity to see grower levy dollars at work. Hort Innovation will be on hand as the principle R&D partner, to present key findings from current projects and explain how these are beneficial to the productivity and profitability of Australian production nurseries.
Below is a break-down of levy-funded projects and initiatives taking place at the conference.
11 am Tuesday 20 February – 202020 Vision and Plant Life Balance
Presenter Ben Peacock, from Republic of Everyone, will provide an update on the levy-funded marketing project 202020 Vision, which aims to create 20 per cent more green space in our urban areas by 2020.
The newly launched consumer marketing campaign, Plant Life Balance, will also be covered in the presentation. It is centered around the increase of the sale of pot-friendly plant species by highlighting the personal wellbeing and air quality benefits that plants bring to indoor and outdoor spaces.
11:00am Tuesday 20 February – Hort Masterclass Workshop
Described as a mini-MBA, the Hort Masterclass is the first of its kind in Australia for the horticulture industry, addressing the urgent need to empower the next generation of industry leaders. The 10-month program is delivered the University of Tasmania (UTAS).
At the conference, delegates can get a taste of the course content by attending a workshop presented by Dr Alistair Gracie & Dr David Monckton from UTAS.
8:30am Wednesday 21 February – Results of the Tree Standard Research
Between April 2016 and January 2017, researchers from the Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment at Western Sydney University assessed more than 13,000 trees to see how closely the current standard matches trees of different species and climates in nurseries across Australia.
The research was undertaken as part of the levy-funded project Evaluation of nursery tree stock balance parameters (NY15001).
Professor Mark Tjoelker, WSU will present on the latest findings and extension activities planned for the project.
8:30am Wednesday 21 February – Nursery Industry Biosecurity Program
The National Nursery Industry Biosecurity Program (NY15004) aims to ensure production nurseries in Australia are aware of and prepared for incursions of exotic plant pests, and that they have effective market access mechanisms in place to maintain business functionality.
John McDonald, National Biosecurity Manager for Nursery & Garden Industry Australia (NGIA) will present on the Nursery Production Farm Management System program including the ground-breaking work being achieved through the BioSecure HACCP program.
8:30am Wednesday 21 February – Diagnosing Plant Diseases
Dr Andrew Manners, from Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) will present the latest biosecurity initiatives and developments under the project Building the resilience and on-farm biosecurity capacity of the Australian production nursery industry (NY15002).
The project aims to enhance the biosecurity preparedness of the Australian nursery industry, and has a variety of material available to help production nurseries manage pest and disease risks.
10:40am Wednesday 21 February – Nursery Research, Statistics & Data Tool
Jan Paul Van Moort, ACIL Allen Consulting, will discuss the recently released data tool, designed to provide levy payers with the ability to benchmark themselves against the broader industry to help boost business productivity.
The tool was developed through the levy-funded project Nursery Industry Statistics & Research (NY16004), and seeks to give a first-of-its-kind look into the industry’s social, economic and environmental contribution to Australian society.
Delegates will also have a chance to hear more generally about Hort Innovation Strategic Levy and Frontier Initiatives at a session being held 1:30pm Tuesday 20 February.
For one-on-one discussions, Hort Innovation staff will be available at a booth in the trade exhibition area for the duration of the conference.
The conference is facilitated through the project Nursery industry conference partnership (NY17001), funded by Hort Innovation using the nursery research and development levy, and contributions from the Australian Government, with in-kind support from Nursery & Garden Industry Australia.
Source: Your Levy at Work
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Nearly 300 exhibitors see 17,000 guests at Flower Expo Poland
- 09/20/2018 Ecuadorian president opens Expo Flor Ecuador
- 09/20/2018 UK: Gin, flowers and Organic September
- 09/19/2018 Summer School Greenhouse Horticulture #SSGH18
- 09/19/2018 Green City Tour celebrates 100 years of horticulture research in Straelen
- 09/19/2018 Flower Circus at Flowers Expo Moscow
- 09/19/2018 Photo report FlowersExpo Moscow 2018
- 09/18/2018 US (MA): Pesticide recertification credits available at Northeast Greenhouse Conference and Expo
- 09/18/2018 US (NC): Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers Annual Symposium
- 09/18/2018 Photoreport FlowersExpo Moscow 2018
- 09/18/2018 Closing celebration of Anthura's 80th anniversary year
- 09/18/2018 A new Scoop at the ExpoFlor Ecuador
- 09/18/2018 It's all about sustainable urban planning at IPM Dubai 2018
- 09/17/2018 US (GA): SNA Research Conference proceedings available
- 09/17/2018 Vietnam: The very first edition of the Floral Inspirations
- 09/14/2018 First annual Canadian Flowers Week blooms September 13-19th 2018
- 09/14/2018 Russia: FlowersExpo2018 has come to an end
- 09/14/2018 Ready for a busy week in Quito?
- 09/13/2018 US (WI): Star Valley Flowers draws a record-breaking crowd
- 09/13/2018 UK: David Domoney opens 2018 CIH Conference