Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (21)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (17)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (241)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: RHS awards 20 zinnia varieties Fleuroselect trialThe Zinnia forum of the Royal Horticultural Society has attributed an Award of Garden Merit to 20 Zinnia varieties planted at RHS’ flagship garden Wisley within the framework of the Fleuroselect ‘2017, Year of the Zinnia’ marketing campaign. No less than 146 varieties were entered for this trial by Fleuroselect member companies. These varieties were also on display at the Jardin des Plantes in Paris. Visitors to both gardens could admire a wealth of Zinnia varieties all summer long.
On 31st July and 12th September, the forum held two meetings to assess the Zinnias on the trial field. The following varieties are awarded: Bright Pink, Golden Yellow, Salmon Rose and Giant Scarlet from the Giant series (Benary); Queeny Lime Red (Dittmar/Floragran); Purple Prince, Desert Sun and Old Mexico as well as Burgundy Bicolour, Orange and Red Bicolour from the Aztec series (Thompson & Morgan); Zinderella Peach and Soleado (Van Hemert & Co); Zowie! Yellow Flame (Syngenta Flowers); Solmar Red (Floranova); Fire and Salmon Rose from the Double Zahara series as well as Cherry Improved and Coral Rose from the Zahara series (PanAmerican Seed), Envy (free variety). Furthermore, the forum reconfirmed the Award of Garden Merit to Yellow and Scarlet from the Dreamland F1 series (Takii). It should be noted that it was considered unfair by the collective forum to judge on the Zinnia Profusion range as the planting bed had suffered from Sclerotinia. This series will be retested next year by a new display.
For more information
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.