Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (974)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (31)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (6)
- "Building an orchid brand in a new market" (1)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: RHS awards 20 zinnia varieties Fleuroselect trialThe Zinnia forum of the Royal Horticultural Society has attributed an Award of Garden Merit to 20 Zinnia varieties planted at RHS’ flagship garden Wisley within the framework of the Fleuroselect ‘2017, Year of the Zinnia’ marketing campaign. No less than 146 varieties were entered for this trial by Fleuroselect member companies. These varieties were also on display at the Jardin des Plantes in Paris. Visitors to both gardens could admire a wealth of Zinnia varieties all summer long.
On 31st July and 12th September, the forum held two meetings to assess the Zinnias on the trial field. The following varieties are awarded: Bright Pink, Golden Yellow, Salmon Rose and Giant Scarlet from the Giant series (Benary); Queeny Lime Red (Dittmar/Floragran); Purple Prince, Desert Sun and Old Mexico as well as Burgundy Bicolour, Orange and Red Bicolour from the Aztec series (Thompson & Morgan); Zinderella Peach and Soleado (Van Hemert & Co); Zowie! Yellow Flame (Syngenta Flowers); Solmar Red (Floranova); Fire and Salmon Rose from the Double Zahara series as well as Cherry Improved and Coral Rose from the Zahara series (PanAmerican Seed), Envy (free variety). Furthermore, the forum reconfirmed the Award of Garden Merit to Yellow and Scarlet from the Dreamland F1 series (Takii). It should be noted that it was considered unfair by the collective forum to judge on the Zinnia Profusion range as the planting bed had suffered from Sclerotinia. This series will be retested next year by a new display.
For more information
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.