- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
13th International Flora Expo 2018
"Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade"
The 13th International Flora Expo will have three more synchronous events that will enhance each other and contribute to holistic development of this sector, namely 12th International Landscape and Gardening Expo 2018, 10th International Horti Expo 2018 and 4th Agrex India 2018. The series of events have become India's largest exhibition on floriculture, horticulture, garden equipment and machinery, and allied sectors.
Plentiful Opportunities in Indian Floriculture Industry
Floriculture has been recognized as a sunrise industry and has been granted 100% export orientated status. Due to boost in demand of flower, floriculture has turn into one of the vital commercial trades in Agriculture.
Commercial floriculture in India is becoming a high growth industry under controlled climatic settings within greenhouses, fundamental from export point of view. The industrial and trade guidelines have paved the means for growth of export oriented production of cut flowers. Commercial floriculture has higher potential per unit area and is a productive business. Vertical farming is also booming adequately with the emerging time.
Indian floriculture Industry has been changing from traditional flowers to cut flowers for export purposes. Maharashtra has emerged as one of the major floriculture centres. The country has exported 22,086.10 MT of floriculture products to the world for the worth of Rs. 548.74 crores/82.05 USD million in 2016-17. United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Netherlands and United Arab Emirates were major importing countries of India floriculture during the same period.
Indo-Dutch collaborations are also producing and processing the planting material of flowers in India to substitute the import of the various flower bulbs with a vision to cater the demand of the Indian cut-flower growers as well as exports. All the machinery and technology has been imported from the Netherlands. The firm tie-ups with International buyers give a strong forward linkage to the growers, supporting the poor farmers of the hills and cooperative society to achieve the objective.
Flora Expo 2017 enticed professionals from many countries including leading ones from the Netherlands, Japan, UAE, as well as other South East Asian and Arabian countries. The exposition seemed to be the ideal platform to expand business into new markets both in India and other South Asian countries. The true essence of Internationalism was seen when visitors from countries like Dubai, Sri Lanka & China were welcomed. There were more than 150 companies who participated with various displays of plants and flowers.
This expo was a way to capture data, generate leads and of course convert them into actual business. It was a huge opportunity to make new connections and network. The expo showcased and demonstrated the industry's latest products and services. The best service was being displayed under one roof.
Assistance to Trade
The activity had been supported by the Ministry of Agriculture and its departments, Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH), National Horticulture Board, National Committee on Plasticulture Applications in Horticulture, National Center for Cold-Chain Development (NCCD), Indian Nurserymen Association (INA), Association of Environment Horticulture, Indian Flowers & Ornamental Plant Welfare Association (iFlora), Indian Society of Floriculture Professionals (ISFP), Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA).
13th International Flora Expo 2018 will be an ultimate platform to spread out commerce into new markets. Concurrently, the 12th International Landscape and Gardening Expo 2018 will serve the entire landscape & green industry and trade stakeholders.
Most attractive part will be the launching of Indian Flower & Plant Industry Excellence Awards in order to recognize Flower & Plant Industry organizations and leaders who have made everlasting impact on the green industry. Their contribution and endeavours have changed the face of industry forever. It is a humble effort to honour those who understood the soul of Indian flower, plant & allied industry and transformed it to make a mark in global market. To appreciate the growth story, Indian Flower & Plant Industry Excellence Awards are being conducted on 23rd February 2018, Pune, India.
The approaching edition will offer a matchless economical circumference through colossal domestic market support and high quality export oriented flower production. Industry professionals will get hold of new products, techniques and devices that are extremely effectual and cost-efficient for improvement of information and their commerce.
The International expo is a great meeting place for the business industry to search for the latest trends and activities connected to Floriculture/Horticulture/Agriculture industry. The Expo will bring mass buyers from large industry retailers besides usual flower and gardening industry professionals.
For more details:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Nearly 300 exhibitors see 17,000 guests at Flower Expo Poland
- 09/20/2018 Ecuadorian president opens Expo Flor Ecuador
- 09/20/2018 UK: Gin, flowers and Organic September
- 09/19/2018 Summer School Greenhouse Horticulture #SSGH18
- 09/19/2018 Green City Tour celebrates 100 years of horticulture research in Straelen
- 09/19/2018 Flower Circus at Flowers Expo Moscow
- 09/19/2018 Photo report FlowersExpo Moscow 2018
- 09/18/2018 US (MA): Pesticide recertification credits available at Northeast Greenhouse Conference and Expo
- 09/18/2018 US (NC): Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers Annual Symposium
- 09/18/2018 Photoreport FlowersExpo Moscow 2018
- 09/18/2018 Closing celebration of Anthura's 80th anniversary year
- 09/18/2018 A new Scoop at the ExpoFlor Ecuador
- 09/18/2018 It's all about sustainable urban planning at IPM Dubai 2018
- 09/17/2018 US (GA): SNA Research Conference proceedings available
- 09/17/2018 Vietnam: The very first edition of the Floral Inspirations
- 09/14/2018 First annual Canadian Flowers Week blooms September 13-19th 2018
- 09/14/2018 Russia: FlowersExpo2018 has come to an end
- 09/14/2018 Ready for a busy week in Quito?
- 09/13/2018 US (WI): Star Valley Flowers draws a record-breaking crowd
- 09/13/2018 UK: David Domoney opens 2018 CIH Conference
Pravin chaudhari, Ahmedabad, Gujrat - 2018/01/09 16:38:05.000