Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (964)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (3)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (2)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dr. Charlie Hall will dig deeper into industry's margin structure
US: What's happening to profit margins?Grower input costs like energy, fertilizer, labor, and trucking have risen over the past 10 years, while the prices we charge for plant products havenít necessarily kept up. Compared to 2007, costs have increased by 21.7 percent. As a result, profit margins have slowly been "squeezed", making it harder for green industry businesses to stay in business and compete economically.
Join AmericanHort and our Chief Economist Dr. Charlie Hall in a 4-part video series that will dig deeper into the industry's margin structure, what's happened to it over the past 10 years, and what that means for the future.
These weekly videos and articles will focus on:
- Introduction: Why this project was undertaken and its significance for the industry's future
- Costs and effects of Labor
- Costs and effects of Energy & Fertilizer
- Costs and effects of Logistics & Transportation
- The series ends with a live webinar Q&A with business leaders who participated in the study and have taken the resulting data and insights and made changes within their business. (Webinar participation available to AmericanHort members only).
Click here to sign up to know when a new video is released each week starting January 9, 2018.
For more information:
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.