Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (828)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
International interest for innovative plant propagation systemThe innovative plant propagation system called Growcoon is attracting growing interest worldwide. Since Klasmann-Deilmann began selling this product, many growers in various horticultural segments have conducted successful trials. For example, the use of Growcoon has proved effective with seedlings, in the rooting of cuttings, in the growing-on of young plants from in vitro systems, and in hydroponic cultivation. The main benefits of using Growcoon for propagating young plants are shorter growing cycles, the robust health of young plants, greater root ball stability and – especially with delicate seedlings and cuttings – lower failure rates.
Due to increasing demand, further standard sizes and special sizes have been added to the range, which now includes ten standard sizes and twelve special sizes. A greater variety of trays for use with these sizes is also now available. In principle, flexibility in terms of production means that the right size of Growcoon can be provided for any tray system.
Growcoon is a biodegradable mesh with an elastic and open structure. When used in propagation systems, it holds the propagation substrate together and, in this combination, forms a stable root plug. Developed and produced by Dutch company Maan BioBased Products B.V., the Growcoon is made of food-safe components. In conjunction with a high-quality propagation medium, it provides ideal growing conditions that optimise root development in young plants. The Growcoon can be used in all established propagation systems and with different trays. Growcoons are placed in trays manually or automatically using dispensers upstream from the tray-filling machine.
Klasmann-Deilmann will be exhibiting at the IPM Essen in Essen, Germany from 23-26 January. Their booth is in Hall 2 Booth number 2D17.
+49 5937 31 0
+49 5937 31 279
Publication date: 1/8/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.