- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Proven Winners releases new recipe guide for professional growers
- Video: interview with Peter Benders, Xclusive director
- NZ: Rose breeder Rob Somerfield to speak at Otago Rose Society's meeting
- UK: HTA meets with Secretary of State to discuss water use by growers
- Artificial intelligence & automation highlighted at the 2018 CGC
Indo-Dutch joint venture in India completes 25 years
India: The story of KF Bioplants
“There was this desire in me to move out of my comfort zone of the family’s successful construction business. I wanted to diversify into a field that would touch lives, just like my father did when he built houses and buildings for people. But I wanted to move into the world of the living,” says Managing Director, Manish Jain.
KF Bioplants, the country’s largest plant biotechnology company, completed 25 years of excellence in August this year. Supplying plants to over 30 countries globally and catering over 6000 farmers in India with excellent quality from their world-class facility, KF Bioplants has been a catalyst of change for the Indian Floriculture industry.
The team of KF Bioplants. On the 14th of October, the company commemorates the occasion together with employees, clients and business partners from all over the world, during a festive ceremony in Pune, India.
The First Step
“In the August of 1992, in a small unit at Satyapuram, Phursungi (Pune), a seed named Kumar Gen-Tech and Plant Tissue Culture Company was planted with big dreams in our eyes,” Jain revealed while speaking at the Silver Jubilee Celebration Gala of KF Bioplants. Consul General of the Netherlands, Guido Tielman was the Guest of Honour at the event presided over by 60 global partners, 350 prime growers and distributors of KF Bioplants country-wide along with distinguished guests and well wishers.
But dreams alone do not lead to success. KF Bioplants had to first grow its wings and spread them to reach new horizons. With a small team of a few trusted people, KF Bioplants set about bringing the best in technology and know-how to help growers. The task of developing world-class products and disseminating the knowledge had begun. These wings were strengthened by partnerships with the world’s best names in floriculture.
The success of KF Bioplants wouldn’t have been possible without unwavering support from our distributors who consistently guided us to accomplish market needs. KF Bioplants expressed its deep gratitude towards Ankurbhai Desai, Utpalda Banerjee, Prasanna kumar, Sanjeev Anerao, Shivdas Menon, Sikander Singh, Mangesh Patil, Pradeep Bagi, Sanjay Ghorpade and everyone who contributed in growth of KF Bioplants.
"Our growers are our strong foundation who partner our activities and help us to expand our horizon to innovations in products & services. KF Bioplants expressed its deep gratitude towards our growers in India and around the globe", said Manish Jain.
Photos taken at the 25th anniversary.
The credit of one of the most successful Indo-Dutch business relations goes to the long-standing partnership of Kumar Group and Florist Holland B.V. This partnership is an excellent example of how a successful collaboration can bring about a sea-change in an industry. In his speech at the 25th Anniversary Celebration, Melchior Moen, MD of Florist Holland B.V said that the flourishing partnership with KF Bioplants speaks volumes for the success of Indo-Dutch associations.
While speaking to the congregation at the Silver Jubilee Gala, Guido Tielman, Consul General of the Netherlands, pointed out the reason for a successful Indo-Dutch partnership in this industry is largely because of the common importance of plant life and flowers in both the cultures. “Now, the seedling of partnership has grown into a flourishing and sturdy tree. KF Bioplants currently collaborates with 10 Dutch companies to produce plants for floriculture and horticulture sector of India and globally; technology and innovation being at the heart of these companies,” he added.
KF Bioplant's business partners visiting the KF Bioplant facility.
The 20-year strong partnership with Florist Holland has been the dominant factor behind KF Bioplant’s success in Indian and global floriculture industry. “Our timely JVs and associations with leading players of the world was the game changer. It propelled us in the global market. KF Bioplants pioneered a flower revolution in India and today I can say that almost 90% of the best quality commercial flowers in India originate from plants supplied by us,” said Jain proudly at the 25th Anniversary Celebration event as he gave out the Best Grower Award to one of the leading florists-turned-grower in India, B. Shrikanth from Bengaluru. KF Bioplants is proud to have growers like Shrikanth associated in this journey.
A slew of collaborations followed subsequently, as KF Bioplants reached out to the best in the industry for products, technology and markets. Gerbera was first introduced to Indian markets by KF Bioplants as a direct result of successful co-operation with global floriculture giants.
One of KF Bioplants’ valued partners, Micha Danziger from Danziger ‘Dan’ Farms said, “I believe that in today's world, cooperation is not a privilege but rather a necessity. KF Company displays proficiency all along the value chain, from growing all the way to the retailers' shelf. It is a well-organized company, with professional high quality personnel, setting clear and sharp benchmarks in the industry.”
Today, the company has blossoming partnerships and collaborations with globally reputed names such as Hilverdakooij B.V Holland; Floricultura B.V, Holland; Danziger ‘Dan’ Farms, Israel; Rosen Tantau, Germany; Miyoshi, Japan; STK Nursery, Thailand; Biancheri, Italy; Kapiteyn, Holland; Lynch Flower, Australia; Royal van Zanten, Holland; Seki Seedlings, South Korea; Van der Lugt, Holland; Siam Floritech, Nepal and Simon Benard, Holland.
Outclassing the Competition
“Becoming the best was not an easy task. When we say that we are India’s largest plant biotech company, it has taken sheer grit, commitment and hard work to reach that place. We have survived and thrived in a space where more than 100 companies; started in the last 20 years, have failed,” said Jain when asked about dealing with the competition.
The company had a whole new approach to propagating plant biotechnology in India. The idea of supplying quality products was not enough. KF Bioplants wanted to go beyond marketing. After years of study and experience, they understood that the Indian industry needed not just products but also guidance. This much needed guidance and hand-holding support, the soil-to-market approach, is what patrons wanted and got from KF Bioplants.
The Dream Team
‘One Big Family’ is the culture at KF. More than 1000 employees work in harmony at the state-of-the-art facility of the company located near Pune, Maharashtra. With 3 ultra-modern laboratories having 32 fully monitored growth rooms holding over 20 million plants at any given time, operated by over 800 highly trained technicians gives KF Bioplants that extra edge to produce and sell over 60 million best ornamental flowering, fruits & vegetables and forestry plants in India and to more than 30 countries globally.
An equal opportunities employer, KF Bioplants has a majority of women employees and experts working for them from every nook of the country. Awards and recognition encourage and boost employee morale. Speaking on the Silver Jubilee celebratory event, Managing Director, Manish Jain expressed deep gratitude towards Kishore Rajhans, Director, Mrs. Yashodhini Kulkarni, Asst. Vice-President and the entire KF Family.
25 years of creating benchmarks, pioneering products and practices is just the beginning for KF Bioplants. “We haven’t stopped dreaming,” quips Jain. The company has ambitious plans of introducing vegetable and fruit seeds/seedlings to their current basket of globally established floricultural products. Constant innovation and research has helped them keep abreast of the best in the world of plant biotechnology. The call of new markets, new products and associations will continue to inspire the company to achieve greater heights in the days to come. There is no doubt that KF Bioplants is poised to grow larger and taller taking more people along with them on their journey of fulfilling dreams!
For more information
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Vietnam: Dalat Hasfarm opens fourth Hanoi City flower shop
- 09/20/2018 US (FL): Tecogen adds new service center to support growing fleet in Southeast
- 09/19/2018 Honduras: Home to one of the largest tropical botanical gardens in the world
- 09/19/2018 New range of powerful medium speed V-Engines
- 09/18/2018 US: Pleasant View Gardens adds Kevin McDonald as Territory Sales Manager
- 09/18/2018 Sakata Seed America celebrates Grand Opening of Woodland Innovation Center
- 09/18/2018 Retaining strong position of Westland by means of expansion and accessibility
- 09/17/2018 Sobolj and Flowers by Macheliuk seal strategic cooperation
- 09/17/2018 NL: DFG one of the 'Brexit-buddies' in new program
- 09/14/2018 US: McHutchison and Vaughan’s strengthen sales teams
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/12/2018 Hartmut Awißus: 20 years Javo dealer in Germany
- 09/12/2018 UK: Board appointments ratified at HTA AGM
- 09/12/2018 UK: Florismart and Floral Frog will enter into partnership
- 09/11/2018 US (WA): Scott Crownover joins Skagit Horticulture
- 09/11/2018 Next step in selection Members’ Council
- 09/10/2018 NL: Berg Roses invests in cooling buffer space
- 09/07/2018 Welding award for KUBO
- 09/07/2018 Beekenkamp plants continues to invest in open-field crops
- 09/06/2018 NL: How Bunnik Plant went from fossil fuel to sustainable energy
I am.proud to be associated with K.F. Bioplants who has not only set a benchmark in Biotechnology but also in business ethics. Congratulations and wishing more success in the feild.
GIRISH PUROHIT, RAIPUR - 2018/01/09 17:26:22.000