Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (241)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (156)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
on display at Nir Nursery at IPM Essen, January 23-26:
Jupiter: New voluminous and terminal flowering wax flower"Just one branch can give the visual flower volume of about 10 branches of a regular wax flower variety", says Nitzan Nir of Nir Nursery, an Israeli plant breeder, when talking about their new wax flower named "Jupiter". At the IPM Essen, it will be on display for the first time and will also be presented in the Novelties Show.
Volume of flowers
"Jupiter" is a new line of wax flowers bred by Nir Nursery and is characterized by the combination of having volume and terminal flowers. According to breeder Nir, the flowering manifestation of this new variety is unique and does not occur in other wax flower varieties. "A regular wax flower is side flowering which creates a lot of volume or is terminal flowering without volume. "Jupiter", however, flowers terminally and has a lot of volume. And as it is terminal flowering, the flowers do not exceed the stems. This allows for a single "Jupiter" branch to give the visual flower volume of about 10 branches of "regular" wax flower varieties."
"Jupiter" in the garden and as pot plant.
According to Nir, wax flowers are in high demand and are mostly used for flower arrangements and bouquets. He sees a good demand for this variety because of the volume on top. "Unlike regular wax flower, it has volume on top that allows one stem per arrangement or bouquet and it does not have any grow through." Next to being sold as a cut flower, "Jupiter" is also suitable for pot plants and gardening.
More colors to come
Currently, a purple colored "Jupiter" variety is available to growers who can sell them from September to April. Next year, two other varieties will join the series; an early pink and a late whitish-pink variety.
Foliage Wax and Rey.
More on display
However, at their booth (hall 2, 2D43) at the IPM Essen they will promote more than their "Jupiter" variety. "Rey" and Foliage Wax, for example will be on display too. "Rey", a completely new inter-generic cross with its wonderful fuchsia pink flowers. These varieties were also presented in the novelties show of IPM 2016 and this year will finally be marketed commercially in a substantial volume. "Foliage Wax" is a series of wax flower that is characterized by strong and vivid color of the branch itself."
For more information
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.