Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (974)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (31)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (6)
- "Building an orchid brand in a new market" (1)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
January 17, 2018:
UK: BPOA conference opened by Albert Grimm of Jeffery’s greenhousesBPOA conference will take place on 17th January at the NFU Conference Suite, Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 2TZ (following the AGM and dinner held at the Stratford Manor Hotel. The seminar will start at 9:15am and will close at 15:30pm. Click here for the Spring Conference 2018 agenda.
BPOA is delighted that the Spring conference 2018 will be opened by Albert Grimm, head grower / production manager of Jeffery’s greenhouses, Jordan, Ontario. Jeffery’s is one of the largest producers of pot and bedding plants in this area and they send their plants across the border into the US. (This is one of the organisations that the AHDB / BPOA pot plants study tour visited in October).
Albert will speak about the production of plants to supply this competitive market and how they deal with marketing over long distances, vendor managed inventory (VMI) and, in a separate talk, how they manage greenhouse environment to produce top quality plants for their market.
You can read more here http://www.jefferysgreenhouses.com/about-us/
In addition we are going to hear from speakers on a range of topics including Labour supply and management, Xylella, Glasshouse environment management; Testing water for pathogens and variety testing with the RHS.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.