Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (21)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (17)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (241)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
January 17, 2018:
UK: BPOA conference opened by Albert Grimm of Jeffery’s greenhousesBPOA conference will take place on 17th January at the NFU Conference Suite, Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 2TZ (following the AGM and dinner held at the Stratford Manor Hotel. The seminar will start at 9:15am and will close at 15:30pm. Click here for the Spring Conference 2018 agenda.
BPOA is delighted that the Spring conference 2018 will be opened by Albert Grimm, head grower / production manager of Jeffery’s greenhouses, Jordan, Ontario. Jeffery’s is one of the largest producers of pot and bedding plants in this area and they send their plants across the border into the US. (This is one of the organisations that the AHDB / BPOA pot plants study tour visited in October).
Albert will speak about the production of plants to supply this competitive market and how they deal with marketing over long distances, vendor managed inventory (VMI) and, in a separate talk, how they manage greenhouse environment to produce top quality plants for their market.
You can read more here http://www.jefferysgreenhouses.com/about-us/
In addition we are going to hear from speakers on a range of topics including Labour supply and management, Xylella, Glasshouse environment management; Testing water for pathogens and variety testing with the RHS.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.