Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (974)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (31)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (6)
- "Building an orchid brand in a new market" (1)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
FloraHolland market information: less supply at ChristmasIn the period of December 4 - 31, the turnover amounted to almost €303 million. The average price in the run up to Christmas was comparable to last year's. The supply was down by 5%, however. That's why the turnover declined by 5%.
In this period we experienced the onset of wintry conditions in the Netherlands and large parts of Europe, which interrupted the supply. Luckily, that change was only temporary, and the sales in the run up to Christmas could continue without interruption.
In cumulative terms the growth in turnover in the past year amounted to just 1%. The supply declined by 2% and the average price rose by 3%.
Royal Floraholland Marktinformatie Kerst Omzet RFH EN
Direct flows: the figures
The share of direct flows continued to increase in this period 13.
- Cut flowers: increase of 1.8%-point to 36.1%
- Houseplants: increase of 1.8%-point to 81.2%.
- Outdoor plants: increase of 4.6%-point to 71.9%.
Over the whole of 2017 the share of direct flowers was 53.5% compared with 51.4% in 2016.
Export grew by 4%
The most recent export figures are from November 2017 (Floridata). We can see that the growth in export and the growth in Royal FloraHolland are slowly coming closer together on a monthly basis.
- Cut flowers: increased by 7%
- Plants: remained the same
Strong increase in export to Russia
The export to Russia continues to increase strongly with a growth of 55% in November 2017. The export to the Czech Republic and Norway is also rising sharply. The export to the UK remained the same. Has the bottom been reached or will the export continue to decline in the near future? That remains unknown for now. Research has shown that consumer confidence in the UK is still declining.
8% lower supply of roses
The cut flower turnover decreased by almost 6% as the supply was down by 5% and the average price lost 1%. There were 8% fewer roses supplied. The wintry weather in Africa created stagnation in the supply. In addition, amaryllis suffered a decline in price-setting.
Price-setting of Phalaenopsis difficult
The houseplant turnover declined by 5% as the supply was down by 4% and the average price decreased by 1%. The supply of products like hyacinth, cyclamen and pot roses lagged behind. In terms of price-setting, Phalaenopsis experienced difficulty.
Helleborus: most important product
Among the outdoor plants a rise in turnover of 4% was realised. The supply dropped by 6%, but the average price rose by over 10%. Helleborus was the most important product, with a 35% share in the total supply of outdoor plants.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Other news in this sector:
Just last week a 24 year old guy became a winner with Bet9ja.com after winning the sum of 91 million Naira with a N500 bet and this winning ticket 3-A8A9R33225B2. Follow this link to find out how they did it --- https://is.gd/E2kR9J
Zack Orji, Calabar, Nigeria (email) - 2/14/2018 9:17:55 AM
Last Saturday a 22 year old man became rich with BetNaija after winning the sum of 35 million Naira with a N100 bet and this winning ticket 0051C92Z9ZAAZ1. Follow this link to find out how they did it --- https://register.bet9ja.com/?promocode=yohaig
Clem Ohameze, Nsukka, Nigeria (email) - 2/13/2018 2:52:54 PM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.