Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (156)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Lufthansa Cargo invests into US-based tech startupLufthansa Cargo intensifies its ties to the global startup scene by investing significantly into tech startup "Fleet", headquartered in Portland, USA.
The strong collaboration between Lufthansa Cargo and Fleet (www.tryfleet.com) will connect extensive airfreight experience with a technology-driven, fresh view on global logistics processes. Fleet was founded in 2014 and acts as an online marketplace, matching customers’ demand for freight services with free capacity provided by logistics companies. Fleet is growing fast and addresses customers’ inherent desire for convenience in – traditionally – complex cross-border freight shipping processes.
“Fleet is a perfect match for us as the company combines innovative and visionary thinking with a strong intrinsic motivation to improve air cargo booking and shipping efficiency and, finally, our customers’ overall experience”, says Peter Gerber, CEO of Lufthansa Cargo. “We expect substantial learnings with regard to our product and service portfolio. Thus, we are sure that Lufthansa Cargo and Fleet will mutually benefit from sharing concepts and ideas.” At the same time, Fleet will expand its Board of Directors with the new seat being held by Lufthansa Cargo’s CCO Dr Alexis von Hoensbroech.
Recently, a large number of startups pushed into the logistics industry upgrading connectivity between various players of global air cargo supply chains. Consequently, also traditional logistics companies have become aware of the opportunities they can realize by investing into new digital business models.
By acquiring shares in Fleet, Lufthansa Cargo underlines its strategic commitment in lifting the airfreight industry to a superior digital maturity level. The acquisition is part of the Lufthansa Group’s overall digitization strategy and was strongly supported by the Lufthansa Innovation Hub in Berlin.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Other news in this sector:
Hi, your today´s issue lists "will sea freight...?" article as commented 7 times. How can I see those comments? Regards,M
Mauricio Gleiser, Bogota, Colombia (email) - 1/25/2018 6:32:39 PM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.