- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Photo Report Floradecora 2018
Click here for the photo report.
Last year, Floradecora was held in a separate hall next to Christmasworld. Many of the exhibitors expressed that they wanted to be closer to Christmasworld and the organisation therefore decided to put the show in the heart of Christmasworld. It is a more central and brighter but smaller area and this partly resulted in a lower number (20) of exhibitors compared to last year. However on the first day already, the new location seemed to attract more visitors.
Also according to many of the returning exhibitors, the number of visitors was higher compared to last year. "The location of Floradecora regarding Christmasworld is much better this year than last year. Overall, we welcomed many more visitors to the stand. In the weekend these were mainly independent garden centers, florists, and so on, who showed interest in the concepts of Opti-flor, Stolk Brothers and Garden Orchid. Monday was a bit disappointing for us regarding the number of visits, while it was still busy in halls of Christmasworld", says Mattijs Bodegom of Anthura, who again this year shared their booth with Opti-flor, Stolk Brothers and Garden Orchid.
Also Dümmen Orange and Colour Your Gerbera were pleased with this year's edition. "The new location resulted in a better influx of visitors", says Mario Nederpelt of Dümmen Orange. "We have spoken to more visitors this year. If these are the right visitors, time will tell, but several already emailed us with questions. All in all, there were many florists and, in my opinion too little retailers. But in general, I am very positive", says Willem Peter of Gerbera United.
Heading to the third edition?
It seems that the organization made a good decision by changing the location of Floradecora and bring it to the center of Christmasworld. It is still a new trade fair with a new concept, not only for the exhibitors but for the visitors too. Several returning exhibitors have had a very good first edition last year but there were some exhibitors that expected to get more out of it. Even though, several of them came back this year as they are of the opinion: "One time is no time". This year, these exhibitors seemed to be more satisfied than last year and are curious what will roll out of it. So, are they heading for the third edition? In the coming months, they will review the results and will then decide how to proceed.
Click here for the photo report.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Summer School Greenhouse Horticulture #SSGH18
- 09/19/2018 Green City Tour celebrates 100 years of horticulture research in Straelen
- 09/19/2018 Flower Circus at Flowers Expo Moscow
- 09/19/2018 Photo report FlowersExpo Moscow 2018
- 09/18/2018 US (MA): Pesticide recertification credits available at Northeast Greenhouse Conference and Expo
- 09/18/2018 US (NC): Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers Annual Symposium
- 09/18/2018 Photoreport FlowersExpo Moscow 2018
- 09/18/2018 Closing celebration of Anthura's 80th anniversary year
- 09/18/2018 A new Scoop at the ExpoFlor Ecuador
- 09/18/2018 It's all about sustainable urban planning at IPM Dubai 2018
- 09/17/2018 US (GA): SNA Research Conference proceedings available
- 09/17/2018 Vietnam: The very first edition of the Floral Inspirations
- 09/14/2018 Ready for a busy week in Quito?
- 09/14/2018 First annual Canadian Flowers Week blooms September 13-19th 2018
- 09/14/2018 Russia: FlowersExpo2018 has come to an end
- 09/13/2018 US (WI): Star Valley Flowers draws a record-breaking crowd
- 09/13/2018 UK: David Domoney opens 2018 CIH Conference
- 09/13/2018 China: 50,000 m2 for flowers, horticulture and the garden industry
- 09/13/2018 Artificial intelligence & automation highlighted at the 2018 CGC
- 09/13/2018 UK: Perennial staff take on Great Wall to raise £6,000 for charity