Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (955)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: Drilling at Longonot geothermal project begins in JuneAfrican Geothermal International Limited (AGIL), a firm linked to National Bank of Kenya chairman Mohamed Hassan, will start drilling its first exploration steam well in Longonot from June after five years of delays.
The firm said it would cost a minimum of $5 million (Sh515 million) to drill one well, the target being to sink up to 40 wells expected to generate 140 megawatts of geothermal electricity.
Mr Hassan, the National bank chairman, is a co-director at the AGIL. The company in 2013 announced it would start sinking wells in Longonot in search of steam and build a power plant at a cost of $600 million (Sh61.8 billion).
The drilling is yet to start five years later. A steam well takes about 60 days to drill, reaching depths of up to 3.5 kilometres.
Read more at MSN News (Neville Otuki)
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.