Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (156)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: Drilling at Longonot geothermal project begins in JuneAfrican Geothermal International Limited (AGIL), a firm linked to National Bank of Kenya chairman Mohamed Hassan, will start drilling its first exploration steam well in Longonot from June after five years of delays.
The firm said it would cost a minimum of $5 million (Sh515 million) to drill one well, the target being to sink up to 40 wells expected to generate 140 megawatts of geothermal electricity.
Mr Hassan, the National bank chairman, is a co-director at the AGIL. The company in 2013 announced it would start sinking wells in Longonot in search of steam and build a power plant at a cost of $600 million (Sh61.8 billion).
The drilling is yet to start five years later. A steam well takes about 60 days to drill, reaching depths of up to 3.5 kilometres.
Read more at MSN News (Neville Otuki)
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.