Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (156)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Galentine’s Day offers another flower-gifting opportunityWhile Valentine’s Day has been celebrated for centuries, Galentine’s Day is just a few years old, but it’s becoming an increasingly popular holiday. California Flower Mall petalers will open all night on Galentine’s Day – February 13th – with thousands of fresh flower arrangements, bouquets, cut flowers and plant choices for women to use to decorate and celebrate their gal pals and for traditional Valentine’s Day flowers shoppers.
Rather than taking the place of V-Day, Galentine’s Day is celebrated the day before so that women with significant others can still have V-Day fun with their romantic partners. Interest in and searches for Galentine’s Day are increasing, according to Google Trends. Data from Pinterest reveals that searches for "Galentine’s Day Ideas" have seen a huge 1780 percent increase. The concept was coined on the NBC sitcom, Parks and Recreation, in 2010. Amy Poehler’s character Leslie Knope explains: “Oh, it's only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies.”
Vani Trogolo, spokesperson for California Flower Mall says, “What started out as a sitcom joke has become an annual celebration of female empowerment for women across the globe because our female friendships are as important as our romantic ones, and they deserve a special day to be celebrated.”
“Galentine’s is the day to get your girlfriends together, share the love and reflect on achievements – it’s an important celebration for millennial women,” says Ariana Gomez, LA Fashion District marketing and PR manager. “2018 is definitely the year of the strong, courageous female. I think this is why so many women are connecting with Galentine’s Day,” Trogolo believes. She says fresh flowers are certain to make your soul sisters feel special this Galentine’s Day - there are many options like:
- Visit CFM before or after work on February 13 to select Galentine’s Day flowers
- Host a gal pal breakfast at CFM’s QQ Café and let guests pick their own flower bouquet
- Meet for drinks and receive Galentine’s Day flowers from a CFM flower delivery
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.