Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (955)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Meet & Greet with Bloomingdale Roses at Hoven & De MooijOn a semi-regular basis Hoven & De Mooij organizes, in collaboration with BSI, a 'Meet & Greet' with one of its growers, and on January 17, it was the turn of Bloomingdale Roses. This grower - recently struck with tragedy in the news due to the terrible accident in which company manager Bunty Shah (owner of the company/nursery) was killed - is now selling 4 new varieties of large-flowered roses: Green Flash, Melina, Olivia and Pink Delight.
Gert and Theo de Mooij and the gentlemen from Bloomingdale Roses.
Bloomingdale Roses, about 32 hectares in size and situated on the flanks of Mount Kenya, is only five years old. The founders have for years been a major player on the African market in the production of mattresses. Bunty Shah, who inherited this company from his father, saw opportunities in rose cultivation and started Bloomingdale Roses. Present at the Meet & Greet were Milan Shah, the uncle of Bunty and director/owner of the mattress company, and the new, current manager of Bloomingdale Roses, Jaiman Shah (a nephew of Bunty).
Left Jaiman, right Milan Shah
In his own words, from the beginning there has been a good interaction between the grower and Hoven & De Mooij, whereby the latter is doing its best to bring the assortment (but at other times also that of other growers) to the attention of the trade.
Again the gentlemen. Shah, here on the photo with the Bloomingdale Roses flower ladies, Laura and Kirsten Ras
At the Meet & Greet in the presentation room of Hoven & De Mooij in Aalsmeer, the visitors were, treated to drinks, delicious sandwiches and fish from the traditional Dutch herring cart. Of course one could meet with the grower and the assortment, and in addition one could have a picture taken with the beautiful Bloomingdale Roses flower ladies, for a real 'green screen'.
A look into the presentation room
Hoven & De Mooij would like to be 'the business card for both the breeder and the grower'. Gert de Mooij, with almost 50 years in the flower trade, is certainly no stranger: "We want to stand up, not only for the roses but for the entire flower sector. We want to be a very determined company, which does not just wants to exist, but also wants to keep bringing the more exclusive varieties and novelties to the market."
Green Flash and Melina
The clock sales of the new varieties start tomorrow on the rose clock of Royal Floraholland in Aalsmeer, the Netherlands. The assortment of Bloomingdale Roses with the 4 new varieties grows to a total of 27 varieties.
Olivia and Pink Delight
For more information:
For more information:
Hoven & De Mooij / PortalFlora
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.