Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (955)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Vitro Plus innovates in cultivation system for fernsVitro Plus has developed a whole new cultivation system for ferns, where plants are cultivated into semi hardened off seedlings in a fully monitored efficient way.
This new system has been derived from Vitro Plus 30 year old tissue culture system, which needed new modified growing conditions.
A separate greenhouse has been equipped into a multi-layered state of art cultivating area one can imagine.
By using special trollies fitted with led plates, which were developed in cooperation with REVEB, the cultivation capacity per m3 is 20-30 times higher than in traditional greenhouses. The latest cooling and air conditioning systems will guarantee a verifiable climate. Next to the cultivation hall a fully automatic production area has been equipped to produce plants.
In addition a tissue culture laboratory has been housed as well where Vitro Research does a detailed study of new species, protocols and new innovative processes. This great expansion has prepared Vitro Plus for the future and its constant pursuit to lead the way in the fern world.
For more information:
P.O. Box 1
4328 ZG, Burgh-Haamstede
T: +31 (0)111 46 80 88
F: +31 (0)111 46 86 08
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.