- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- First annual Canadian Flowers Week blooms September 13-19th 2018
- China: 50,000 m2 for flowers, horticulture and the garden industry
- "Vietnam’s surging agro-economy marked by challenging opportunities"
- Indonesia: Sukabumi to export Lucky Bamboo again to India, Malaysia
- LED Grower's Guide for Ornamentals
"Try a more cosy relationship with your packaging supplier"
"We have seen on broadcast media and read in the press that a possible tipping point has been reached in the attitudes of retailers and the Government to waste plastics which will have some influence on the options that packaging manufacturers are able to offer", the company says.
In the light of current packaging attention customers are looking to raise their environmental profile. Working alongside the customer Macpac enables a more nuanced, ethical and responsible approach to packaging through pioneering material application with a lower environmental impact and exclusive design not available in a more generic, all-encompassing blanket supply.
"We do not sell millions of standard 'off-the-shelf' packaging from a catalogue but instead collaborate closely with customers to conceive, design and then manufacture highly bespoke packaging, many on seasonally short runs as sometimes demanded by the horticultural sector."
Plantpac is an example of mail order packaging conceived and designed in consultation with a major mail order nursery. Since the launch Macpac, responding to market demands, has extended the plug plant range to include a new letterbox pack portfolio designed to be sent at the large letter rate. The company carries a large, on demand range which can be viewed online at www.plantpac.net
The 3P9 Plug Clampack is a demand-led optimal solution for foliage height up to 260mm. Complimenting the 3P9 Clampack is the 3P9 carton an optional corrugated outer packaging carrier. This can be customised with the company’s logo, delivery and contact details.
Macpac also designs shelf ready packaging speeding up product replenishment on-shelf, optimising on retail space and reducing handling costs. Working with customers Clamshell packs or clam packs are designed to be entirely bespoke. These are secure locking Clamshell packs to precisely accommodate the product with space for customer details.
Macpac use recycled PET (r-PET) in most of their products. No packaging manufactured with a blend of recycled PET should end up in landfill – it is possible for such packaging to be recycled over and over again with only a minimum virgin input to maintain stability. This ‘easy-to-recycle’ mantra is something that Macpac has promoted in its literature and when addressing the requirements of its customers.
Macpac acknowledges the Waste Reduction Agency WRAP’S latest ‘Courtauld 2025’ committing signatories including all the major retailers to reduce the resource intensity of the UK’s food and drink sector by 20% in the next nine years.
For more information:
+44 (0) 161 442 1642
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/17/2018 Waterless Internet Flower Packaging wins packaging award
- 09/12/2018 "We can take other countries as role models for European horticulture"
- 09/07/2018 As of January 1, 2019: New German Packaging Act
- 09/04/2018 Desch expands its eco-friendly range
- 09/03/2018 UK nursery replaces black pots for recyclable taupe pots
- 08/07/2018 New foot switch pipe-rail trolleys is more ergonomic
- 07/18/2018 Plastic as part of a sustainable solution
- 07/06/2018 "Trying to make a difference, however small"
- 07/03/2018 US: New trellis adds value - night and day
- 07/02/2018 Modiform’s EcoExpert declared innovation winner of the year
- 06/29/2018 Recyclable plastic for living herb pots
- 06/28/2018 Patented film increases flower shelf life
- 06/22/2018 Colorful pots from Italy
- 05/22/2018 SmartCups packaging range expanded
- 05/16/2018 Denmark: Smart carrying sleeves for 11½ cm Fairytale Flowers
- 05/14/2018 A packaging manufacturer through the eyes of a grower
- 05/08/2018 Packaging manufacturer about using waste and recycling materials
- 05/07/2018 NL: 100% recycled plastic plant markers on the way
- 05/04/2018 "We contribute zero to the plastic soup"
- 04/11/2018 EU: New lay-out for plant passport