Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (955)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Try a more cosy relationship with your packaging supplier"A closer, more collaborative relationship allows customers access to every detailed stage in development from conception through to full production. It also allows for a more lateral and considered approach when it comes to packaging and, importantly, the environment.
"We have seen on broadcast media and read in the press that a possible tipping point has been reached in the attitudes of retailers and the Government to waste plastics which will have some influence on the options that packaging manufacturers are able to offer", the company says.
In the light of current packaging attention customers are looking to raise their environmental profile. Working alongside the customer Macpac enables a more nuanced, ethical and responsible approach to packaging through pioneering material application with a lower environmental impact and exclusive design not available in a more generic, all-encompassing blanket supply.
"We do not sell millions of standard 'off-the-shelf' packaging from a catalogue but instead collaborate closely with customers to conceive, design and then manufacture highly bespoke packaging, many on seasonally short runs as sometimes demanded by the horticultural sector."
Plantpac is an example of mail order packaging conceived and designed in consultation with a major mail order nursery. Since the launch Macpac, responding to market demands, has extended the plug plant range to include a new letterbox pack portfolio designed to be sent at the large letter rate. The company carries a large, on demand range which can be viewed online at www.plantpac.net
The 3P9 Plug Clampack is a demand-led optimal solution for foliage height up to 260mm. Complimenting the 3P9 Clampack is the 3P9 carton an optional corrugated outer packaging carrier. This can be customised with the company’s logo, delivery and contact details.
Macpac also designs shelf ready packaging speeding up product replenishment on-shelf, optimising on retail space and reducing handling costs. Working with customers Clamshell packs or clam packs are designed to be entirely bespoke. These are secure locking Clamshell packs to precisely accommodate the product with space for customer details.
Macpac use recycled PET (r-PET) in most of their products. No packaging manufactured with a blend of recycled PET should end up in landfill – it is possible for such packaging to be recycled over and over again with only a minimum virgin input to maintain stability. This ‘easy-to-recycle’ mantra is something that Macpac has promoted in its literature and when addressing the requirements of its customers.
Macpac acknowledges the Waste Reduction Agency WRAP’S latest ‘Courtauld 2025’ committing signatories including all the major retailers to reduce the resource intensity of the UK’s food and drink sector by 20% in the next nine years.
For more information:
+44 (0) 161 442 1642
Publication date: 2/9/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.