Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (19)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (10)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (22)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Three new garden centres to be completed at onceAt the end of this month three projects of Smiemans Projecten, Dutch builder of all types of glass constructions, will reach completion. One of the two projects in England is the new restaurant for Groves Nurseries in Bridgeport. The other project is a new construction and renovation for Squire's Garden Centre in Woking. For the Danish chain Billig Blomst a new garden centre with an area of 4,800 m2 has been built in the city of Aalborg.
At Squire's Garden Centre, the HighLight arched greenhouse provides additional sales area and the venlo canopy ensures that customers can also buy outside plants in bad weather. There is also a new spacious entrance and most doors have been replaced. This gives the garden centre a total metamorphosis.
A large wide-span entrance will give access to the Venlo type garden centre of Billig Blomst. A wide passage is located between the cold and the warm part of the new garden centre. In this large passage customers will find a flower shop, a café and a farm shop. There is also room for an office, canteen and kitchen.
At Groves Nurseries they wanted to have a restaurant like most of the garden centres in England. This wish will soon come true with a beautiful HighLight arch. The restaurant called ‘Ivy House’ has three different areas with a total of 300 seats. That way they can keep their customers with them longer and better.
For more information:
2670 AC Naaldwijk
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.