Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (955)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria exports 1,983 containers of hibiscus to MexicoFollowing a drive for high non-oil exports, Nigeria has exported 1,983 containers of hibiscus (Zobo) to Mexico alone, thereby generating $35 million within a short time in 2017.
Coordinating Director of the Nigerian Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS), Dr Vincent Isegbe, disclosed this in a chat with Vanguard, where he said farmers and other investors were yet to tap into this ‘goldmine’ of hibiscus business in the country due to high demand from Europe, Asia and America.
According to him farmers of hibiscus in Jigawa had the highest export of hibiscus in 2017, because they are the largest producers of the commodity.
Read more at Vanguard (Gabriel Ewepu)
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.