- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Preserved roses bring Valentine's Day sales jolt to Ecuador
Each petal is custom made for foreign clients whose orders multiply every year in the run up to Valentine's Day. For example, a client in Qatar recently ordered a shipment in the maroon and white colors of that nation's flag.
"It's a small detail that makes a beautiful gift," says Patricia Cordova, admiring her delicate work on a lilac-colored flower bound for Germany.
The technology has been around for decades and is especially popular in Japan. But in Ecuador, the world's second-largest exporter of roses, it took root only recently, as a result of an economic crisis that forced flower growers to diversify their offerings and focus on higher-end products.
Read more at the Daily Herald (Gonzalo Solano)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Alma’s journey to 'Best in Show'
- 09/19/2018 CA: Tournament of Roses Announces 2019 Float Judges
- 09/17/2018 US (TX): Students seek patent to keep flowers blooming
- 09/07/2018 US: California Grown Flowers Shine at State Fair
- 09/07/2018 Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment
- 09/07/2018 US : Sun Valley's Southern Hemisphere Tulip Program Launches
- 09/03/2018 Will cherry trees bloom for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
- 08/30/2018 Floral fragrances in herbaceous peony cultivars
- 08/09/2018 Are Kenyan flowers actually more sustainable?
- 08/09/2018 The importance of keeping flowers cold
- 07/20/2018 "There will always be a market for quality"
- 07/20/2018 UK: Saffie's rose named after youngest victim of Manchester terror attack
- 07/19/2018 NL: Gladiolus also suffering from hot summer
- 07/11/2018 NL: Getting people excited about fragrant roses
- 06/28/2018 Rhein-Maas supports Concours Bouquets d’Aujourd’hui at Salon du Végétal
- 06/28/2018 Flower exports earned Kenya $420 million in four months
- 06/20/2018 Arend Roses launched large-flowered coral rose
- 06/19/2018 Video: Discover where flowers begin
- 06/18/2018 Australia: Flower growers give country-of-origin label laws a spray
- 06/13/2018 Russian florists busy preparing for the wedding season