Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (950)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (25)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (3)
- Mother’s Day means Money Day for UK florists (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
IPM Dubai and WOP Dubai attract thousands of visitorsMesse Essen and planetfair Dubai are rating IPM Dubai and WOP Dubai in the Dubai World Trade Centre from December 5 to 7, 2017 as successful. The trade fairs for horticultural products and fresh goods in the Middle East served over 300 exhibitors as a trading platform and as a way of presenting their products and services. Both events profited, in particular, from the growing need for horticultural products and fresh and high-quality food in the region.
As the most important trade fair for the green economic sector by the Arabian Gulf, IPM Dubai attracted 4,178 visitors. That corresponds to a growth rate of nearly seven percent. The visitors included, in particular, purchasers from the United Arab Emirates, their neighbouring countries and the Far East. They found what they were looking for on the booths of 103 exhibitors from 20 countries which presented their products and services along the entire value added chain in horticulture - including plants, horticultural technology, floristry, garden features, logistics, plant maintenance as well as equipment for horticulture and landscaping.
International joint participation booths from seven countries at IPM Dubai
The international status of IPM Dubai was underpinned, amongst other aspects, by the official joint participation booths from China, Egypt, Ethiopia, Germany, India, the Netherlands and Sri Lanka. On the German joint booth alone, twelve firms showed their products with the "Made in Germany" seal of quality. The Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture promoted the joint appearance of the German exhibitors. With a view to Expo Dubai 2020, IPM Dubai offered new chances to all the participants: Large-scale construction projects are in full swing, new hotels are being built and public parks are being created. Thus, there is a rising need for products and services for everything to do with horticulture.
The highlights in the supporting programme of IPM Dubai included the presentation made by the Trade Association of German Florists - Federal Association which, together with the floranow online marketplace, combined European floral design with Arab lifestyle. Furthermore, a horticultural tour of the Dubai Miracle Garden and keynote speeches on topical subjects in horticulture awaited the exhibitors and the visitors. Particular attention was attracted, amongst other events, by a Barbecue Seminar with representatives of the Barbecue Industry Association Grill.
On the occasion of the opening of IPM Dubai on December 5, Thomas Kufen, Lord Mayor of Essen, Oliver P. Kuhrt, CEO of Messe Essen, and Ingo Klöver, Managing Director of planetfair Dubai, gave the official starting signal and visited selected exhibitors. IPM Dubai is a foreign subsidiary of IPM Essen at Messe Essen. Moreover, Essen's Lord Mayor used his stay in the United Arab Emirates for a meeting with his counterparts from Dubai.
WOP Dubai - World of Perishables
With WOP Dubai - World of Perishables, the leading trade fair for fresh goods in the Middle East which attracted 5,482 visitors took place parallel to IPM Dubai. 221 exhibitors from 35 countries presented, amongst other items, fruit and vegetables, technical equipment as well as further products and services relating to all aspects of goods security, transport, trading and service for temperature-sensitive goods. The joint participation booths encompassed official appearances of exhibitors from Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, China, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Kenya, Moldova, Morocco and the Netherlands.
The coming period of the duo of fairs consisting of IPM Dubai and WOP Dubai will take place in the Dubai World Trade Centre from October 1 to 3, 2018.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.