Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (19)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (10)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (22)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1The American Floral Endowment (AFE) is now accepting applications for educational grants for 2018.
Applications are available online and must be submitted by the deadline of June 1.
Educational grants help fund programs that are wide-reaching educational endeavors that solve industry needs and challenges and focus on attracting young people to the industry.
Last year, the Endowment funded nearly $40,000 in educational grants.
Examples of programs funded through AFE educational grants:
- e-GRO Alert and Webinars, an electronic newsletter from floriculture university extension specialists who focus on providing greenhouse production and diagnostic information to growers.
- The National Floriculture Forum, which unites professors, extension specialists, graduate students, scientists and other industry leaders for a multi-day collaborative meeting that addresses important floriculture issues.
- National Industry Convention or Event Programs, collaborating with organizations and associations including the Society of American Florists, AmericanHort and AIFD by sponsoring programs or hosting fundraising or networking events.
- Seed Your Future, a national movement created to attract more talented young people to careers in horticulture and change the public perception of horticulture.
To apply online by the June 1 deadline, visit endowment.org/grants.
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.