Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (19)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (10)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (22)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia: Alexandra Farms adds new varieties, updates lookAs of January of this year all of Alexandra Farms' shipments to the USA are being packed in new packaging that features their new logo. They will be transitioning all of their other markets, communications, web pages, social media accounts and everything else over to this new look.
New packaging for the boxes.
The logo is inspired by the work of Pierre-Joseph Redoute and his botanic illustrations of Empress Josephine Bonaparte's rose collection in Mal Maison in the south of France in the late 1800s. He made over 300 anatomically correct drawings of her entire rose collection - and thanks to him, Josephine's collection will live forever.
New appearance sleeve (on the left) and new label (on the right).
The grower has also introduced several new varieties for the 2018 wedding season.
This is a Dutch hybrid Tea rose. The grower included it in their line because of its unique color. The sandy shade of tan and café latte is sure to make this rose a favorite of wedding designers. And it is just in time for the wedding season.
Princess Maya (Night Rain)
This beautiful blush rose is a new addition to the Princess Japanese Garden Rose collection. It is fragrant, a reliable opener, and has a great 8-10 day vase life (after 5 days of shipping).
Princess Suki (Loved One)
This is another new addition to the Princess Japanese Garden Rose collection. Suki's beauty comes from the striking contrast in color between the cream center and the hot pink exterior. Her shape is also cabbage making her dubley unique. She is a reliable opener, has a great 8-10 day vase life (after 5 days of shipping) and easy to work with.
Sabrina comes from the south of France. Bred by the Meilland family, close to Cannes and St Tropez, Sabrina is a small, lovely flat rosette shaped rose sure to enamor the innocent. Her petals fade from an interior blush to an almost pure white, with a coquettish button in the center.
Tiara is also a Dutch Hybrid Tea rose that makes the collection because of her fabulous antique lavender color brought out by greenish tinge on the exterior petals. This rose is quite unique and adds another hue to wedding work.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/28/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.