Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (158)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: 600,000 Ulyanovsk tulips congratulated ladies for International Women's Day
This year ladies of Ulyanovsk (Russia) have been congratulated with the International Women’s Day by a Happy General. It is the name of a tulip variety grown in Ulyanovsk greenhouse. Also, here they make bouquets that were delivered to flower shops in the run up to this holiday. As a rule, in one floral composition there are five tulips of the same variety.
'City centre of urban development and greening' will pampered the ladies with 25 varieties of tulips. Among them 19 completely new to the employees of the centre. Overall, the greenhouse have grown and packed 600,000 tulips by March 8.
Olga Semagina – supervisor of the flower department of the municipal institution “City centre of urban development and greening”
“This year we were trying parrot varieties, i.e. fimbriated tulips. If they found their customer, next year we will continue growing them. Also, we have new varieties: Alma Pavlovic, Arma, new kinds of Prima Vista.”
The bulbs are purchased in the Netherlands. Then the spring flowers are grown in Ulyanovsk greenhouse on two technologies. They are planted and taken care of at the temperature of 5 and 9 degrees. The “5 degree” tulips are planted here at the end of December. The “9 degree” ones are planted 2 months earlier.
By the end of spring the whole city will sunk in these flowers.
Gennadiy Morgunov – director of the municipal institution “City centre of urban development and greening”
“We began preparation in autumn of 2017. 100,000 tulips were planted in flowerbeds around the city. Hopefully, weather permitting, they will sprout by the celebration of the Victory Day on May 9 giving joy to the tourists and veterans.
Apart from the tulips, the centre can boast a wide assortment of roses, lilies and potted flowers.
Publication date: 3/12/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.