Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (951)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch power company Nuon
NL: Royal van Zanten on sustainability and energy efficiencyIn a series of articles Dutch power company Nuon helps businesses to get a better grasp on their energy consumption. Tips are also provided on environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient solutions. Royal Van Zanten, has been a Nuon partner for years. In this article and video below (in Dutch), the company explains what sustainability means to them.
ĒThe biggest contribution we can makeĒ
For Royal Van Zanten, being environmentally responsible means more than just energy self-sufficiency and making our energy portfolio more environmentally friendly. "We want to make our own products Ė the plants Ė more energy efficient. We create varieties that can grow with less heat or less cooling. Thatís what we breed for. This is how we enable our customers to cultivate in a more energy efficient manner,Ē according to Sjoukje Heimovaara, CEO of the company. According to hin, ths is the most important contribution Royal Van Zanten can make to a more sustainable world.
Sustainability tips for businesses
Royal Van Zanten has taken steps towards sustainability in all areas, and this has given the company a lot of expertise. Sjoukje Heimovaara and Arjan Krijgsman have the following insights to share:
"Sustainability is not a fad that will pass. There still are growers and companies that believe they can continue with business as usual, but consumers want eco-friendly products. You really donít have a choice if you want to stay competitive."
"Think about what your role is in the agricultural supply chain and what impact you could have on improving sustainability of the industry as a whole. For us that role is giving plants more sustainable traits."
"Make sure you have a good overview of planning and production with a minimum of waste. Producing something you donít need is the least sustainable thing you can do. Look at the energy consumption per product. It makes little sense to be sustainable and then to produce less."
"Donít feel like you have to figure this out alone. The energy market is very complex and dynamic, and there is a lot of expertise available that can help you on your way."
For more information:
Royal van Zanten
1435 EW Rijsenhout
T : +31 (0)297 387000
M: +31 (0)6 835 26 251
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.