Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (951)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zabo Plant acquires Hoogland operations in ChileZabo Plant BV has acquired all varieties owned by Hoogland van Veen that are currently being contract farmed in Chile. After founder Joop van Veen passed away in 2016, the company was forced to downsize its Chile operations.
This led to the sale of the Bacardi, Yellow Strike and Dalian flowers to Zabo Plant. These varieties will now be farmed by the Chilean nursery Valdivia Lilies, which is operated together by Zabo Plant and Gebr. Vletter & Den Haan BV.
Lily cultivation in Chile (photo: HVV-Lelie B.V.)
Flower bulb cultivation in Chile
Chile has been a reliable supplier of flower bulbs on the world market for years, and recently the quality has been improving as well. "The key to success for cultivating bulbs in Chile is ensuring safe product delivery," said Emiel van Tongerlo from Zabo Plant. ďOf course this is important for crop cultivation of any kind in any country, but we found that there was room for improvement here. And thereís been a marked improvement recently in that regard.Ē
For more information:
Korte Belkmerweg 1-A
1756 CB 't Zand
T: +31 (0) 224-592859
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.