Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (19)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (10)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (22)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zabo Plant acquires Hoogland operations in ChileZabo Plant BV has acquired all varieties owned by Hoogland van Veen that are currently being contract farmed in Chile. After founder Joop van Veen passed away in 2016, the company was forced to downsize its Chile operations.
This led to the sale of the Bacardi, Yellow Strike and Dalian flowers to Zabo Plant. These varieties will now be farmed by the Chilean nursery Valdivia Lilies, which is operated together by Zabo Plant and Gebr. Vletter & Den Haan BV.
Lily cultivation in Chile (photo: HVV-Lelie B.V.)
Flower bulb cultivation in Chile
Chile has been a reliable supplier of flower bulbs on the world market for years, and recently the quality has been improving as well. "The key to success for cultivating bulbs in Chile is ensuring safe product delivery," said Emiel van Tongerlo from Zabo Plant. “Of course this is important for crop cultivation of any kind in any country, but we found that there was room for improvement here. And there’s been a marked improvement recently in that regard.”
For more information:
Korte Belkmerweg 1-A
1756 CB 't Zand
T: +31 (0) 224-592859
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.