- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (CA): The American Tulip Day triumph
At sunrise, a group of Dutch flower farmers, local Dutch flower fans and team members from Sun Valley gathered at Union Square to pull off an incredible effort. By 11 am, this team of about 25 people had placed 100,000 tulips into a perfectly designed pattern, around the Dewey Monument.
Backs were sore, hands were chapped, but spirits were very high as what seemed like an unattainable goal was achieved through hard work and cooperation.
When the gates opened to the public, people streamed into the tulip garden, at first not quite sure what to do, then, they naturally just started pulling the tulips up. Soon waves of people were among the tulips, taking selfies, playing with their kids, and simply enjoying being surrounded by tulips.
Sun Valley's small crew stayed among the tulips, helping people take photos and explaining care and handling for their new treasures.
People were literally in tears as they thanked the team for this once in a lifetime opportunity. The makeup of the crowd was as diverse as you can image, yet every single person was laughing, smiling and sharing in an experience which they won’t soon forget.
One romantic soul used American Tulip Day as the perfect time to propose to his girlfriend, and of course she said yes!
After about three hours the tulip garden was nearly picked clean. The Sun Valley team reassembled to clean up the Square and return it to its original state. The crates were picked up, and trucks brought back to be reloaded.
Once the Square was swept and the banners tucked away, hugs and handshakes were exchanged among new friends, and promises were made for next year.
Right now, 100,000 tulips are in vases across the Bay Area and beyond, bringing joy and happiness to all.
For more information:
The Sun Valley Group
3160 Upper Bay Road
Arcata, CA 95521-9690
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 US: Nufarm Edge Rewards Program expands 2019 buying options
- 09/20/2018 #FlowerTributeTour by Flowers of Colombia
- 09/20/2018 Garden Media releases 2019 Garden Trends Report
- 09/19/2018 UK: Maximising Christmas sales with visual merchandising
- 09/18/2018 Dutch top rose favourite for Italian weddings
- 09/18/2018 Australian Made urges Aussies to celebrate Family Business Day 2018
- 09/17/2018 Pet-friendly plants: October Houseplants of the Month
- 09/17/2018 HortTechnology announces open access of applied horticultural research
- 09/14/2018 Lisianthus: its beauty and power recorded in images
- 09/13/2018 US: Vote for your favorite therapeutic garden
- 09/13/2018 “Flower Food for Thought” packet designs inspire consumers
- 09/10/2018 US: Kasey Cronquist joins PMA’s Floral Council
- 09/04/2018 Australia: Guide for nurseries to bring Plant Life Balance App to life
- 09/03/2018 AU: Inside the 2018 David Jones Flower Show
- 08/31/2018 Garden Plants of the Month for 2019 announced
- 08/30/2018 Garden palms: September garden plants of the month
- 08/29/2018 RHS funding available to modern day plant hunters
- 08/28/2018 UK: Broadcasting and horticultural legend to be given Honorary Degree
- 08/27/2018 Fern Britton supports British Blooms
- 08/24/2018 PlanetProof releases English version of plant product certification scheme