Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (19)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (10)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (22)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (NY): FTD gives away 10,000 bouquets for Women's DayFTD is hosting the #PetalsForProgress Flower Market floral pop-up event in partnership with Popsugar, a global lifestyle media company, in honor of International Women’s Day in New York City on Thursday, March 8. FTD is handing out 10,000 custom bouquets. Attendees will see live floral demonstrations and socially-shareable moments at the event featuring walls of flowers, a floral-covered garden swing, carts filled with colorful blossoms, and a bouquet bar.
Taking place on March 8 at 34 Little W. 12th St. from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. EST, the event features a floral wonderland complete with 15,000 fresh flowers used to create gorgeous walls of flowers, a floral-covered garden swing, carts filled with colorful blossoms, and a bouquet bar. Guests will enjoy shareworthy photo opportunities set against these displays throughout the space.
FTD's Lead Floral Designer Andrea Ancel will lead live floral-arrangement demonstrations to teach attendees about the artistic craft of bouquet design. Guests can also enjoy gourmet-dipped strawberries compliments of Shari's Berries. In addition, Dana Avidan Cohn, executive style director of Popsugar, will take part in the event and share her commitment to progressing female empowerment.
"Flowers have a longstanding history of playing a pivotal role in celebratory moments, special acknowledgments, and making connections more meaningful," said FTD Senior Vice President and General Manager Rob Van Auken. "We are excited to celebrate women and honor them during International Women's Day through the gift of flowers, which are a symbol of beauty and an icon of strength."
International Women's Day honors women's achievements and celebrates acts of courage and determination by ordinary women who have played an extraordinary role in the history of their countries and communities. It was first observed in the early 1900s and is now an international day that is celebrated by the United Nations.
In recognition of this momentous day of celebration, FTD is partnering with the Women's Economic Empowerment (WEE) Global Live project, led by Roxana Damas, a global Champion for Change for the United Nations Empower Women platform. As part of this partnership, FTD is donating flowers to women across the country for various WEE events and conducting a live broadcast from the WEE Facebook page at 11:30 a.m. EST from the #PetalsForProgress Flower Market event.
Attendees are encouraged to share their experience on social media with #PetalsForProgress and #FTDxPS. Those not located in the New York area can also join in on social media with @FTDFlowers and visit www.FTD.com/popsugar to take part in the action and gift a bouquet to a special woman whom they would like to acknowledge.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.