Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (951)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mario Taal, HSI:
"Vietnam will professionalize horticulture in the near future"From 14 to 16 March Hortus Supplies International will host stand D.03 at the HortEx Vietnam 2018. We spoke with Mario Taal, who will represent the Dutch horticultural supplier at the exhibition.
What made HSI decide to be present at the HortEx Vietnam?
"At HSI we are always searching for new opportunities and emerging markets. We analyzed the current market size and potential. We found out our products and approach fit right into the market. Horticulture and floriculture are the most promising sectors of the Vietnamese economy. There is political stability and since 1991 the economy has grown with 7.5% annually. Also the export of fruits & vegetables increased tremendously and the market is focusing on sustainability. We want to help growers by offering a great front and back office service, to achieve higher yield. We are ready to go to the next level and stand out in the world of suppliers."
What would you like to achieve in the coming week?
"Actually itís very simple: introducing our company, products and service to as many growers as possible. Many people think that a supplier is just a trade company, weíre not. We are a one-stop supplier for every grower around the world. We can serve almost every product needed in and around the greenhouse. We can also give advice about growing, technical installations, transport and documentation. We are proud of our product range and we have developed a couple of our very own.
"Besides high quality general products, we have set our target on sustainable growing. We actually have completed our very own Natural Program of nutrients and stimulants. These products have shown amazing results on quality and yield, we see a bright future for these products. During the show Iíll present myself to answer all questions about our company, products and service."
What do you expect of Vietnam in the long-term?
"Thatís a good question! I think that the Vietnamese people are very loyal, they respect service and good value for their money. Once you have proven yourself, they wonít let you down. Iím convinced that Vietnam will professionalize the Horti- and Agriculture in the near future. I hope Hortus Supplies International will get the opportunity to have their contribution in that process."
For more information:
Hortus Supplies International
1432 JH Aalsmeer
+ 31 297 52 49 19
Publication date: 3/12/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.