Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (951)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Chongqing Ouhui Flowerland opens with Dutch tulip showOn March 8 Chongqing Ouhui Flowerland, located in Nanchuan District in Chongqing, China was officially opened to the public after three years of preparation. Covering an area of 450 acres, the Flowerland is hosting a Dutch tulip theme flower show, with an exhibition of more than 80 varieties of tulip from the Netherlands as well as hyacinth, narcissus, irises and many other flowers. There’s a 5,000-square meter flower greenhouse in the center of the park, displaying several floral works designed by a team of top international florists.
Deputy Consul-General of the Netherlands Consulate-General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Chongqing, P.R. China attended the grand opening ceremony. Other attendees include executives of several leading flower companies in the Netherlands: De Gooijer International B.V., Haakman Flowersbulbs B.V., Matth Verdegaal B.V., Blotha, and Ouhui Netherlands B.V.
A new tulip variety that was particularly cultivated for Chongqing was also introduced to the public at the opening ceremony. First in Dutch floral industry, this tulip was named after the city of Chongqing as Chongqing Beauty. “We’ve spent seven years to breed this tulip. It has strong petals and flowers, representing Chongqing people’s spirits of perseverance and tenacity,” said Managing Director of Haakman Flowersbulbs B.V., breeder of Chongqing Beauty.
“The opening of Ouhui Flowerland and the creation of Chongqing Beauty convey our desire to establish a more solid and friendly relationship with China” said Deputy Consul-General of the Netherlands Consulate-General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Chongqing, P.R. China.
Publication date: 3/12/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.