- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal
Schroll's production location in Portugal.
Schroll Flowers breeds their varieties in Denmark and for several years produced young plants and half finished on their more than 30 ha in Portugal and finished them on 15 ha in Denmark. Last year, however, Schroll Flowers did some trials with finishing hydrangeas in Portugal and after receiving positive feedback from their customers, they decided to finish the garden size hydrangeas for the spring season 2018 in Portugal. "The high light levels in Portugal, enables us to grow a stronger and higher quality crop than the traditional greenhouse production which can be quite soft in the spring", says Soren Schroll co-owner of the company.
Soren Schroll, Mariolla Dolleris Schroll and Sergiy Petrenko at the IPM Essen
So, from now till around the first of July, they will ship finished hydrangeas directly from their site in Portugal to customers all over Europe as well as to their locations in Denmark for further distribution. "We cannot finish the hydrangeas in Portugal in the high summer after end of June, because the weather will be too hot. But at that time the weather in Denmark is perfect for hydrangeas so sales from first of July will be based on forcing in Denmark."
Around 20 finished varieties will be grown at their site in Portugal in large scale. The garden size plants are mainly produced in a 4 liter pot for Schroll Flowers' own customers and in a 5 liter pot for customers by De Jong Plant BV in Holland. Besides the garden size Schroll Flowers also produces the indoor sizes P10.5 and P13 in large scale both in Portugal and in Denmark.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Ecuador: Breeders and growers open their doors
- 09/14/2018 Australia: Greenhouse growers tour Woolgoolga
- 09/14/2018 Colombia: 250 chrysanthemum varieties at Delishow 2018
- 09/14/2018 US (VA): Year-round greenhouse draws tourists' attention to family farm
- 09/12/2018 US (MI): Flower farms transform vacant lots on Detroit’s east side
- 09/12/2018 UK: HTA meets with Secretary of State to discuss water use by growers
- 09/10/2018 UK: Student wins SWGS Sponsored Scholarship
- 09/10/2018 CAN (ON): Farmer-florists are a growing trend
- 09/07/2018 US: Behind the scenes at Michigan greenhouses
- 09/06/2018 It’s Daylily Time
- 09/06/2018 "US: Ohio Greenhouse Awarded "Vendor of the Year"
- 09/05/2018 NL: Berg RoseS starts selling fresh wax roses
- 09/05/2018 Flores El Capiro celebrates 10 years of sending flowers by sea
- 09/05/2018 EU: Cold and warmth shortened garden orchid season
- 09/04/2018 Grower in the spotlight: the biggest calathea grower in the world
- 09/04/2018 Subsidiary Schroll Flowers to produce cannabis
- 09/04/2018 US (TX): First tulip festival in Waxahachie to benefit residents with IDD
- 09/03/2018 Take a peek into the world of this Colombian garden rose farm
- 09/03/2018 "Fast flowering makes helleborus more attractive to grow"
- 09/03/2018 NL: Stars-Plant spreads its wings
I purchased 2 hydrangeas from Walmart with a Schroll tag (88-09-02) Deep Red. My questin is if the color will stay deep red after ground planting or if the soil needs to be adjusted to maintain this color?
connie gist, killen - 2018/03/27 00:36:43.000
I just received a Schroll hydrangea- Pink Sunset. Can I plant it in the ground? How do I do so-instructions as to depth, space, food, light etc. Thank you for your help!
judith b. raphaeli, Baltimore - 2018/05/17 21:19:01.000
I bought a Deep Red Hydrangea from Wal mart (88-09-02 MY QUESTION IS COULD i PLANT IT OUTSIDE before fall starts.
Arlene Annella Reed, Lithia Springs - 2018/09/11 00:59:09.000