- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal
Schroll's production location in Portugal.
Schroll Flowers breeds their varieties in Denmark and for several years produced young plants and half finished on their more than 30 ha in Portugal and finished them on 15 ha in Denmark. Last year, however, Schroll Flowers did some trials with finishing hydrangeas in Portugal and after receiving positive feedback from their customers, they decided to finish the garden size hydrangeas for the spring season 2018 in Portugal. "The high light levels in Portugal, enables us to grow a stronger and higher quality crop than the traditional greenhouse production which can be quite soft in the spring", says Soren Schroll co-owner of the company.
Soren Schroll, Mariolla Dolleris Schroll and Sergiy Petrenko at the IPM Essen
So, from now till around the first of July, they will ship finished hydrangeas directly from their site in Portugal to customers all over Europe as well as to their locations in Denmark for further distribution. "We cannot finish the hydrangeas in Portugal in the high summer after end of June, because the weather will be too hot. But at that time the weather in Denmark is perfect for hydrangeas so sales from first of July will be based on forcing in Denmark."
Around 20 finished varieties will be grown at their site in Portugal in large scale. The garden size plants are mainly produced in a 4 liter pot for Schroll Flowers' own customers and in a 5 liter pot for customers by De Jong Plant BV in Holland. Besides the garden size Schroll Flowers also produces the indoor sizes P10.5 and P13 in large scale both in Portugal and in Denmark.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 New Zealand: Peony growers 'flat out' until Christmas
- 2018-11-12 "An industry of big hearts"
- 2018-11-12 Karel Bolbloemen, Ammerlaan-Sosef and Leybaert win Dutch Flower Awards 2018
- 2018-11-09 US (CA): Iraq veteran turns flower grower
- 2018-11-09 New Zealand: Nursery industry runner up Young Hort 2018
- 2018-11-08 Australian micro-flower farmers go hyperlocal
- 2018-11-08 UK: New scholarships available to students
- 2018-11-07 Obituary: Mark Mattock of rose growing firm Mattock's Roses
- 2018-11-07 US: Kansas State horticulture student named Shinoda Scholar of the Year
- 2018-11-07 Spanish rose grower innovates cultivation, gears up for expansion
- 2018-11-06 Ugandan agriculture graduates acquire cultivation skills in Israel
- 2018-11-06 One of Ecuador's highest rose farms to attract ecological tourism
- 2018-11-06 “They couldn’t tell the difference between Kenyan and our Indian grown roses”
- 2018-11-05 New Zealand: A utopia of orchids
- 2018-11-05 Growing roses for the whole of New Zealand
- 2018-11-02 US (CA): Farmer hopes marijuana revenue will buoy business
- 2018-11-02 Kenyan flower industry impresses Namibian President Geingob
- 2018-11-02 "FNGLA member response to Hurricane Michael heart-warming"
- 2018-11-01 Potted roses: From seasonal to year-round crop
- 2018-11-01 US (MA): Dale Deppe receives Jackson Dawson Memorial Award
I purchased 2 hydrangeas from Walmart with a Schroll tag (88-09-02) Deep Red. My questin is if the color will stay deep red after ground planting or if the soil needs to be adjusted to maintain this color?
connie gist, killen - 2018/03/27 00:36:43.000
I just received a Schroll hydrangea- Pink Sunset. Can I plant it in the ground? How do I do so-instructions as to depth, space, food, light etc. Thank you for your help!
judith b. raphaeli, Baltimore - 2018/05/17 21:19:01.000
I bought a Deep Red Hydrangea from Wal mart (88-09-02 MY QUESTION IS COULD i PLANT IT OUTSIDE before fall starts.
Arlene Annella Reed, Lithia Springs - 2018/09/11 00:59:09.000