Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (951)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
March 23-24, Durham
US (NH): UNH hosts greenhouse open houseThe University of New Hampshire organizes a Greenhouse Open House at the Macfarlane Research Greenhouses Friday, March 23, and Saturday, March 24, 2018. The greenhouses will be open from 9 am until 4 pm both days. The event is free and open to the public.
A facility of the NH Agricultural Experiment Station, the UNH Macfarlane Research Greenhouses provide a venue for UNH faculty, staff and students to present colorful displays and educational lectures of interest to home gardeners, greenhouse producers, and landscapers. Visitors will learn about bee-friendly gardens and landscapes, cooking with spring greens, development of new economically valuable crop species for Northern New England, status and issues in plant biotechnology, and a home gardening Q&A with extension specialists. The UNH Thompson School will display garden show-quality landscape options with a focus on water features.
The UNH Plant Diagnostic Lab and Cooperative Extension Plant Health Program will have a display on common diseases and problems of garden and landscape plants. Attendees are encouraged to come with questions about plant health problems. UNH experts and Master Gardeners will be on hand to help get gardens off to a great start. On Friday and Saturday tours will be scheduled of both the Macfarlane Research Greenhouses and the UNH high tunnels, two greenhouse-style structures associated with the Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems program where students produce greens for on-campus consumption.
Other open house activities include the UNH Thompson School Flower Show and Plant Sale. The Greenhouse Café will serve coffee, lunch, and delicious homemade treats. The café, hosted by the Thompson School Horticultural Club, helps fund the club’s spring trip to Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania.
Click here for more information.
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.