Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (955)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Agapanthus named 'Terrace Plant of 2018'The Agapanthus (or African Lily), with its elegant stems, long green leaves and stately blue or white flowers, has been chosen as the Terrace Plant of 2018.
This is an initiative of Bloemenbureau Holland. Every year a media jury consisting of editors of lifestyle, interior and garden magazines, vloggers and bloggers choose, from five candidates, the terrace plant that appeals most to the imagination. This places Agapanthus very much in the spotlight for the April & May planting season.
So with Agapanthus named as the Terrace Plant of the Year for 2018, what is the best option for a show stopping display in containers?
Agapanthus are all about the flowers, with the showy flower petals and architectural form of the flower, and Storm Agapanthus series provide some of the best options to enrich any terrace garden for today’s gardener as they are selected for their exceptional flowering characteristics, uniformity and appearance - all of which means they will look great in a container on any terrace.
Storm Agapanthus are available in a variety of colours: Snow Storm (White), Blue Storm (Lilac Blue), Thunder Storm (variegated foliage), and the newly released Sea Storm which has cobalt blue flowers. All are compact bushes up to 30cm in height with uniform flower stems of approx 45cm above the bush.
Earlier & extended flowering
Another benefit of the Storm series for terraces is that they are earlier flowering than most other varieties of Agapanthus and they also flower for up to four weeks longer than traditional varieties, thereby extending their show on the terrace.
In essence, Storm Agapanthus deliver more blooming stems, an extended flowering period and a uniform growing profile, all of which ensure they will be a standout on any terrace.
Rigorous testing & evaluation
Tesselaar Plants ensure all plants considered for commercialisation are put through a rigorous testing and evaluation process in their own trial gardens and testing sites around the world. This is part of their commitment to ensure plant performance meets (or exceeds) expectations and is proven to perform.
For more information:
Anthony Tesselaar International Pty Ltd
327 Monbulk Road,
SILVAN, Victoria 3795, Australia
T: +61 3 9737 9568
F: +61 3 9737 9899
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.