Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Royal Base Vietnam:
"Building an orchid brand in a new market"In the Da Lat region in Vietnam in a ten hectare greenhouse called Apollo, Taiwanese company Royal Base grows both cut orchids and pot orchids. They sell their products under the brand name Sunpride.
Robert tells us about his favorite flower - a new one in the collection - that is spray-painted gold and silver. It takes two hours per stem to paint them delicately, and it’s sold to niche markets in Dubai and Japan. Royal Base sells their products via wholesale markets, but that is not suitable for the high end products like this.
Sheena pot plant
The same goes for their newest pot plant, presented in a luxury package, easy to carry away. The variety is from Japan, bred by a Japanese breeder, Sheena. "They let us grow their flower to find out how it is holding in Vietnam. To sell them we want to connect with the final customers."
Other news in this sector:
Fresh cut orchids are really in the high demand today and they last for the longest time. Ambition is really doing a great by implementing new the techniques.
Anand, Hudson, USA - 3/22/2018 2:18:34 PM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.