Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Lily cultivation keeps innovating primarily with colour combinationsNew, unfamiliar colour combinations are especially good at boosting interest in lily cultivation. That was the conclusion of the 14 companies who opened their doors during the Dutch Lily Days. From Tuesday to Friday, June 5 - 8, the seventh edition of the international lily event is being held. Once again, hundreds of varieties will be waiting for the visitors, ranging from newcomers and popular bestsellers to ‘golden oldies’.
Consumers and the trade are primarily searching for new colour combinations in lily cultivation. In particular, two- and three-toned varieties are assured of a sunny future, according to the participating companies in the Dutch Lily Days. The rise of double Orientals and pollen-free varieties will continue in the coming year. With the globalisation of the lily trade, the practical aspects of the flower are becoming an increasingly important issue: lilies are being transported over longer and longer distances and must not lose their decorative value or longevity.
Newcomers and traditional varieties
Zabo Plant is this year's host for the official opening of the four-day event. During the seventh Dutch Lily Days, the complete trade assortment is flowering and on display for visitors. This includes talented newcomers like the Roselily, and the Regalo, one of the oldest commercial varieties.
In 2018 the open days will again be held a week before the Flower Trials. This is an important stimulus for foreign visitors especially to start their trip to the Netherlands a week early or extend it.
The Dutch Lily Days are organised for colleagues from around the world. From Tuesday to Friday, June 5 - 8, they can visit: P. Aker Flowerbulbs, Van den Bos Flowerbulbs, Bot Flowerbulbs, De Jong Lelies, Lily Company, Mak Breeding, Onings Holland, C. Steenvoorden, GAV Lilies, Gebr. Vletter & Den Haan, VWS Flowerbulbs, World Breeding, Zabo Plant and Royal van Zanten.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/23/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.