Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Lily cultivation keeps innovating primarily with colour combinationsNew, unfamiliar colour combinations are especially good at boosting interest in lily cultivation. That was the conclusion of the 14 companies who opened their doors during the Dutch Lily Days. From Tuesday to Friday, June 5 - 8, the seventh edition of the international lily event is being held. Once again, hundreds of varieties will be waiting for the visitors, ranging from newcomers and popular bestsellers to ‘golden oldies’.
Consumers and the trade are primarily searching for new colour combinations in lily cultivation. In particular, two- and three-toned varieties are assured of a sunny future, according to the participating companies in the Dutch Lily Days. The rise of double Orientals and pollen-free varieties will continue in the coming year. With the globalisation of the lily trade, the practical aspects of the flower are becoming an increasingly important issue: lilies are being transported over longer and longer distances and must not lose their decorative value or longevity.
Newcomers and traditional varieties
Zabo Plant is this year's host for the official opening of the four-day event. During the seventh Dutch Lily Days, the complete trade assortment is flowering and on display for visitors. This includes talented newcomers like the Roselily, and the Regalo, one of the oldest commercial varieties.
In 2018 the open days will again be held a week before the Flower Trials. This is an important stimulus for foreign visitors especially to start their trip to the Netherlands a week early or extend it.
The Dutch Lily Days are organised for colleagues from around the world. From Tuesday to Friday, June 5 - 8, they can visit: P. Aker Flowerbulbs, Van den Bos Flowerbulbs, Bot Flowerbulbs, De Jong Lelies, Lily Company, Mak Breeding, Onings Holland, C. Steenvoorden, GAV Lilies, Gebr. Vletter & Den Haan, VWS Flowerbulbs, World Breeding, Zabo Plant and Royal van Zanten.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/23/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.