Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (21)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (17)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (241)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn?Following the statement that Dr Abiye Ahmed Ali has been announced as the presumptive new Ethiopian Prime Minister, Professor Ann Fitz-Gerald from Cranfield University and one of the UK’s leading experts in Ethiopian affairs, said:
“Following an intense period of unrest in Ethiopia which has been marked by anti-government protests, acknowledged failures in political leadership, the resignation of Prime Minister Hailemariam Deselegn, and further incidents of violence in four of the country’s regional states, the appointment of Dr. Abiye gives some hope for peace, continuity and stability both in Ethiopia and the wider region.
“Perhaps the most glaring and imminent challenge for the new leader will be to open space for a more plural and inclusive political dialogue. Quick wins in this area will go some way to closing the gap between the ruling administration and those opposition groups operating from both inside and outside of Ethiopia.
“As commentators continue to question whether Africa’s development ‘jewel’ is heading towards peril, the appointment of Dr. Abiye Ahmed Ali as Ethiopia’s new Prime Minister should be welcomed and supported. Beyond his professional and policy experience, his personal roots, institutional networks and academic background help provide a compelling profile which could tackle the country’s current agenda. The challenge will now be for the new leader to select a bright, gender-balanced cabinet to bridge the gains of the past and the challenges of the future. It should also aim to prioritise areas which address a more plural political dialogue, youth employment opportunities and a resilient, yet measured and socially progressive, economic agenda.
“Despite a rocky start to 2018, this year could prove to be the start of Ethiopia’s new dawn.”
Source: Cranfield University
Publication date: 3/30/2018
Other news in this sector:
IQ FINANCE PLC provides a full financial planning service to both the commercial and domestic markets. At IQ FINANCE PLC we believe that financial planning is about two things: creating wealth and protecting wealth. These two objectives are at the heart of everything we do. And, as a member of IQ FINANCE Services, we give you a small-company service but with a large-company set up – the best of both worlds.
You are at liberty to engage our leased facilities into trade programs as well as in signature project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, construction of Dams, Bridges and any other turnkey project(s) etc. Our terms and Conditions are reasonable.
Leasing Price : 4%+1%
Buying Price: 32%+2%
Contact us for more details on our terms and procedure of transaction.
WALSH SMITH, ROBERT
email : email@example.com
Walsh Robert, illinois, Illinois - 6/22/2018 8:08:28 AM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.