Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Plantal ramps up high-tech Mandevilla Bella cuttings productionPlantal Producciones has expanded their company by 1 hectare. In total the company, located in Almeria, Spain, has an acreage of 15 hectares. Plantal Producciones grows mother plants of Kientzler’s variety Mandevilla Bella. “The expansion is the result of growing demand”, Lars van Steekelenburg explains.
Lars van Steekelenburg at the Royal FloraHolland Seasonal Trade Fair 2018 in Naaldwijk earlier this month.
In a new high-tech greenhouse cuttings will be produced. “In that process we need high humidity, which improves the rooting.” The greenhouse can be heated by warm water. A double screen regulates the light and temperature. An automatic watering system affords the plants purified water. Ozone technology is being installed as well.
The greenhouse and the installations are built by a Spanish company, the cultivation table system was supplied by Dutch company HT Verboom. “We have chosen our suppliers not only by the prices they offer but also based on experience, references and trust.”
Perfect Mediterranean plant
For breeding, the Spanish climate is excellent. When annual plants are fully grown, they can stand perfectly in the Northern European countries like Germany and the Netherlands.
“It is the perfect Mediterranean plant for Northern Europe. During the spring and summer they constantly sprout new flowers. A Danish customer told me that his Mandevilla Bella flourished from April till the first night frost in November. When placed inside in a conservatory or greenhouse they bloom even longer. As long as the temperature stays above 15 degrees Celsius and the plant gets enough sunlight, the customer can enjoy it for a long time.”
Plantal Producciones started in 2001. Besides different varieties of Mandevilla (Dipladenia) they also grow Adenium and Passiflora.
“With the new greenhouse we have enough space to meet demand. It is not our goal to expand and get big, we think it is most important that we can provide excellent material to our customers. In the future we will be experimenting with new varieties from Kientzler Young Plants so that we can offer them a wider range of plants.”
For more information:
Plantal Producciones S.L.
Lars van Steekelenburg
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.