- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
- HBA opens test locations in Kenya and Colombia for cut flower hydrangea
- Makoto Azuma builds giant plant sculpture at the beach using 8,300 Strelitzia
- UK: Wyevale Garden Centres agrees sale of five of its largest garden centres to Dobbies Garden Centres
- Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome challenges?
- Italy: Cefla Group adds dedicated Lighting division
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Beekenkamp Plants showcases 2018 spring varieties
NL: Annual Spring Trials bring together growers and retailers
The emphasis was of course on colorful spring flowers. The event is also a great opportunity for growers to meet their customers, one of the benefits of Spring Trials being open to the public. "You get the various parties together," says product manager Alexander van der Kaaij. "In the past growers used to determine what would be on the market, but that is no longer the case. Nowadays, demands come from many different directions, and a moment like this is perfect for getting input from all parties. "
Alexander van der Kaaij
The trials clearly demonstrate the importance that Beekenkamp Plants places on the development of product series, such as with the Surfinia petunias. Of course this has to do with marketing and that they obviously need a name, but that’s not the main reason. "You can see very clearly: this is where we started, these types are now on the market and we continued with those. The successor in a series can be stronger, fuller or bigger and so on, depending on what the market wants. We have tried as much as possible to show each plant from a warm and a cold greenhouse, so that both high-tech growers and growers without heating will know what to expect."
The people at Beekenkamp Plants were happy with the turnout. The Spring Trials are now officially over, but if you would like to take a look that can likely be arranged.
For more information:
Korte Kruisweg 163
2676 BS Maasdijk
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 Fancy staying at an aquaponic hotel?
- 10/15/2018 Gerbera cultivation in India
- 10/12/2018 China: How to effectively stop loss in flower production after a rainstorm?
- 10/08/2018 HSI invests in Kenya
- 10/08/2018 Schneider assortment extended once more
- 10/05/2018 India: "Agro-climatic conditions in the Nilgiris suitable for commercial orchid cultivation"
- 10/04/2018 Christmas tree production in containers
- 10/04/2018 STEM Podcast: Demystifying Perennial Production
- 10/03/2018 India: Blending organic farming with floriculture
- 09/26/2018 US (CA): Proposals open for 2019 specialty crop grants
- 09/26/2018 Dutch orchid grower to build its own cutting production facility
- 09/21/2018 Combining floriculture and vertical farming
- 09/21/2018 California to build first large-scale water storage after 40 years
- 09/19/2018 US: Identifying opportunities to promote water conservation
- 09/19/2018 Molybdenum and Magnesium deficiency in poinsettia
- 09/17/2018 Czech scientists make progress in microscopic examination of plants
- 09/12/2018 US (KY): First test plot of malaria-fighting plant a success
- 09/11/2018 How to grow the best quality roses?
- 09/05/2018 Education grant for Spanish language access to online grower courses
- 09/03/2018 Propagation container company expands into South Africa