Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sneak peek - final part
Ready for California Spring Trials 2018?The California Spring Trials are almost upon us, and the participants are ready to welcome their visitors at various locations in California from April 14-19. Over the last few weeks, FloralDaily highlighted one novelty from the participating companies. Today, in this final edition we will show the top products from 5 companies, J. Berry Nurseries, Floranova, Kientzler, Vista Farms and Hilverdakooij.
J. Berry Nurseries - Gold Digger
Gold Digger is part of J. Berry Nurseries Hollywood™ Hibiscus Collection and together with Bad Boy, Hot Shot and Leading Lady, the breeder expects this collection to steal the show. Every Hollywood Hibiscus variety features Multi-day lasting blooms, resistance to bacterial leaf spot, naturally compact habits and exceptional performance in production, retail and in the landscape. This year, one can also find out their Hollywood Personality with the new online quiz. (Visit J. Berry Nursery to see more novelties at Windmill Nursery, 925 W Hwy 246, Buellton, CA 93427. Click here to email the company for more information).
Floranova - F1 Summerlast
One of the novelties of Floranova is the 'F1 Summerlast' patio tomato. "We will be launching this variety along with a few others as part of our Vegetalis assortment. This variety stands out as it is the first dwarf, determinate tomato with built in blight resistance (strains 2 & 3). This trait results in much improved and longer outdoor garden performance than any other patio variety on the market. In our trials, the foliage stays very green and healthy and the plant therefore keeps producing fruit even into the autumn. The plant height is naturally around 65-70 cms and very well branched and is perfect for use in patio containers." (Visit Green Fuse Botanicals to see more novelties at 15245 Telegraph Road, Santa Paula, CA 93060. Click here to email the company for more information.)
Kientzler North America – Verbena VEPITA ‘Amethyst Kiss’
New at Kientzler CAST is a color extension within the VEPITA Series. The series is known for early flowering, compact internodes, and medium small leaves. "Amethyst Kiss now adds a retail worthy plant sure to capture attention at retail."(Visit Kientzler to see more novelties at Windmill Nursery at 925 W Hwy 246, Buellton, CA 93427, Click here to email the company for more information.)
Vista Farms - Bougainvillea “VF Sunstone White”
A sibling of Vista Farms' 2017 release “VF Sunstone Red” having identical plant habit and growth characteristics. Although related to “Juanita Hatten” the “Sunstone” Series have a more accentuated yellow variegation and more of a trialing habit than "Juanita, a good candidate for hanging baskets or a medium height ground cover." “VF Sunstone White” is a heavy bloomer. Bracts are white with a variable Pink Blush. Stems are yellow with a Pink Blush. (Visit Vista Farms to see more novelties at Speedling, 2640 San Juan Highway, San Juan Bautista, CA 95045. Click here to email the company for more information.)
Hilverdakooij - MOOODZ
At Hilverdakooij, they will have an extensive presentation of MOOODZ, their Echinacea. MOOODZ is flowering right now and it is a colour paradise. The solid full plants gives about 25 flower buds and MOOODZ will flower until late summer. (Visit Hilverdakooij to see more novelties at American Takii, 301 Natividad Road Salinas, CA 93906. Click here to email the company for more information.)
This is the final part of the Sneak Peak California Trials. Below, we listed the previous editions of the previous weeks.
Click here to see a novelty of Ball FloraPlant, Ball Ingenuity, Burpee®, Darwin Perennials, Kieft Seed, Morel Diffusion, PanAmerican Seed, Selecta One, Star® Roses and Plants, Wave®.
Click here to see a novelty Hem Genetics, Anthura, Kapiteyn, Royal Van Zanten, Florist, Prudac, Thompson & Morgan, Dümmen Orange and PlantHaven.
Click here to see a novelty of Danziger, Hishtil, Terra Nova Nurseries, Evanthia, Suntory Flowers and Nir Nursery.
Click here to see a novelty of Beekenkamp, Sakata Ornamentals, Elsner-PAC, Westhoff, Jaldety, Cohen, ABZ Seeds, Green Fuse Botanicals.
More than plants
The event is a launching ground for some of the newest plant varieties, but also packaging products, merchandising programs, concepts and other technical supplies will be on display.
Just like last year, the FloralDaily team will also visit the event and will make a full photo report of the show.
Pictures from California Spring Trials 2017. Click here for last year's photo report.
It is important to notice that the closing date may vary from the official dates at some locations (click here to see the entire list of locations). Most locations are open 8 am - 5 pm, but if you are interested in visiting any of the locations, it is recommended (and sometimes required) that you make a reservation. Unlike last year, AmericanHort does not host the registration this year, for a selected number of companies one can register on www.springtrialsregistration.com.
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.