Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1077)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
May 8-19, Nantes
France: Floralies international flower show gains AIPH approvalRegistration is now open for ornamental exhibitors at the International Floralies – Nantes. This prestigious ornamentals and vegetal show is back for a 12th edition on May 8-19th 2019 in Nantes (France). The program is expected to be very rich in terms of colours, sceneries and botanical discoveries.
The International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH) approved the show as a ‘C Category International Horticultural Show’ during their meeting in Melbourne on 21st March where they actively encouraged participation in the event.
Floralies Nantes takes place every five years in the La Beaujoire exhibition park. After the success of "Art Bouquets" in 2014, the whole ornamental design of the 2019 edition will have "Fleurs à vivre" (flowers to live by) as a theme.
Inspired by a quote from Montaigne, "If life is nothing more than a passage, let’s at least sow flowers along it", the theme will be divided into seven ambiances presented all throughout the indoor and outdoor areas of the park, giving the visitor a sense of change of scenery, enchantment and wonder.
Registration is now open for all plant aficionados, professionals and amateurs, willing to take part in a great floral, botanical and human adventure. Potential ornamental exhibitors are invited to visit the Floralies Committee’s extranet (www.comite-des-floralies.com/eng/extranet) so they can submit their application, find a partner to combine skills and team up with or even just to get more information. As a reminder, exhibition space, technical support & basic materials are provided free of any charge, just like the dedicated communication space and the contribution to accommodation expenses. Applications should be submitted before 30 June 2018.
Commenting on the approval by AIPH, the Secretary General of AIPH, Tim Briercliffe said “AIPH members were pleased to grant approval for Floralies Nantes which has a long history of delivering an outstanding event that attracts many people. As the Show is now welcoming participants from all over the world we hope that many cities, countries, businesses and organisations will take advantage of this special opportunity.”
For more information:
Publication date: 4/11/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.