Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1077)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: SAF seeks industry participation for Petal It ForwardFor the fourth year in a row, the Society of American Florists is leading the industry in a nationwide feel-good promotional effort that shows consumers and reporters how great it feels to both give and receive flowers. SAF’s 2018 Petal It Forward campaign date is set for Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018, and SAF is spreading the word to increase industry participation and make it easy for members to start planning their local events now.
The first Petal It Forward in 2015 included participation from industry members in 44 cities in 27 states. The next year, there were 262 events in 234 cities in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia. In 2017, industry members held 573 local Petal It Forward events in 467 cities in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Canada, resulting in nearly 82 million impressions through SAF-generated and local member public relations and social media efforts.
“Petal It Forward concept is simple and easy to do, yet is one of the most engaging floral promotions in the industry’s history,” said SAF Vice President of Marketing Jennifer Sparks. “The results are phenomenal for industry participants, as the program’s random-acts-of-kindness premise builds interest in the news and on social media.”
The premise behind Petal It Forward: passersby receive two bouquets — one to keep, and one to share — and are asked to post a picture about it on social media with the hashtag #petalitforward.
“You can make your Petal It Forward local event as big or small as you want — even handing out 20-50 bouquets or single stems can make an impact,” Sparks said. “It’s a win-win to participate. For little effort, you give consumers the opportunity to experience the scientifically proven happiness that occurs when you give and receive flowers. At the same time, you position your business as a positive force in your community. That makes consumers feel good about you, which goes a long way in establishing customer loyalty. And, you give a morale boost to employees who play a part.”
Read more at the Society for American Florists (Jenny Scala)
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.