Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch Flower Group best Dutch family company of 2018Dutch Flower Group was recently honored with the 2018 Family Business Award. CEO Marco van Zijverden was given the award by Jan Kees de Jager, former Dutch Secretary of State and Minister of Finance. The winner was picked from a select group of five nominated companies.
The companies were selected from hundreds of family businesses, in collaboration with partners KPMG and ABN AMRO. The nominees were evaluated extensively over the last few months on the basis of eight selection criteria. The companies were also personally visited by the jury.
The Dutch Flower Group, owned by the Van Zijverden and Van Duijn families, is comprised of 30 specialized trading companies that jointly serve the entire floriculture chain. It is a true family business that is experiencing tremendous growth internationally and is now the largest in its market worldwide. Despite this growth, the organization has succeeded in retaining the family culture and also in getting employees involved. The Dutch Flower Group invests heavily in sustainability, and in the areas where they are active they support good causes and set up initiatives to improve the quality of life and well-being of people in need, according to the jury. The company's motto is "Making Life Colorful", and knowledge, quality, service, innovation and sustainability are central to their business philosophy.
Previously, Gassan Diamonds (2013), Westland Cheese (2014), Royal De Heus (2015), Enza Zaden (2016) and the Terberg Group (2017) received the award.
For more information:
Dutch Flower Group
1430 AC Aalsmeer
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.